They want Rangers back !!

I do agree with what a lot of you have been saying here about it being too soon for us to return, but I can't help maintaining the position that I would gladly accept a quicker return purely because I don't think (and never have) that we should have been forced to start at the bottom.

It might be too soon to return, but it's not too soon for Scottish football to do the right thing by it's biggest and most successful club. It's not too soon for Scottish football to right the wrongs it's done to Rangers in recent times.

I don't expect the SFA, SPL or anyone to apologise because they're run by a bunch of liars (liars like Regan & Doncaster) in complete denial of any wrongdoing on their part, but I would see our reinstatement back in the top league as vindication and an unwritten apology of sorts.

There's been people saying that any such action would be more for their benefit than ours, but with the increased broadcasting, sponsorship and prize money revenues on offer, the truth of the matter is that we would benefit from a swift return more than any of the other clubs and personally speaking, I think we deserve it.

I agree, but we need next season to acquire some players by whatever route and gel into a competetive team. If we went back next season how bad would the pressure be on the players to achieve success? I wouldn't want to present the bheasts with the title on a platter at first time of asking.

I agree, but we need next season to acquire some players by whatever route and gel into a competetive team. If we went back next season how bad would the pressure be on the players to achieve success? I wouldn't want to present the bheasts with the title on a platter at first time of asking.

They're gonna win the title if we're not in the league though, so I'd be happy to be there just to get the extra cash for making squad improvements. If it happened, we'd just need to concede that we would be complete underdogs for the first couple of seasons until we've built a squad that can manage to win enough games to lift the title. Logic dictates that it would be better to have a higher income and more money to spend on building our squad while they're lifting their tainted titles.

Edited by Zappa

They're gonna win the title if we're not in the league though, so I'd be happy to be there just to get the extra cash for making squad improvements. If it happened, we'd just need to concede that we would be complete underdogs for the first couple of seasons until we've built a squad that can manage to win enough games to lift the title. Logic dictates that it would be better to have a higher income and more money to spend on building our squad while they're lifting their tainted titles.

Your point about the higher income is fair enough, but I wouldn't want another 7-1 result. I'd rather give us a wee bit more time to improve. Where we are now is nowhere near good enough.

Would it not make it easier to buy a better quality of player if in the SPL?

Yes and that's part of what I'm trying to say Ian.

Pretty much all of the reasons for NOT wanting a swift return back into the premier league don't really stack up because being back would put us in a better position on all fronts. Large income boost giving us more money for squad improvements, league status more attractive to high quality players.

As for the fear of taking a few hammerings, it's better to just get it over and done with as soon as possible and get our squad strengthened with quality sooner rather than later. We took the odd drubbing when we had a larger and much more expensive playing squad, so delaying our return back to the top for another season or two isn't going to prevent it.

Yes and that's part of what I'm trying to say Ian.

Pretty much all of the reasons for NOT wanting a swift return back into the premier league don't really stack up because being back would put us in a better position on all fronts. Large income boost giving us more money for squad improvements, league status more attractive to high quality players.

As for the fear of taking a few hammerings, it's better to just get it over and done with as soon as possible and get our squad strengthened with quality sooner rather than later. We took the odd drubbing when we had a larger and much more expensive playing squad, so delaying our return back to the top for another season or two isn't going to prevent it.

Okay, let's clarify that we are talking the same thing here. As I read your posts I'm assuming that you want the reorganization of the

leagues to put us straight into the 1st division of , let's assume a 12-12-18 setup. You also suggest that because of that we will get

higher income and can therefore buy better players right away. You accept that we will need some time to bed and allow these new

players to gel. Now, I think most people agree that we need two CB's, possibly a RB, a dominant MF, and possibly a sidekick for Jig

with Little and Templeton on the wings. you agree? Okay, first, we can only attract out-of-contract players until Jan. and then buy

new players in the transfer window. Second, if we play all of these new players what happens to our stated policy of playing and

developing new talent coming out of Auchenhowie? Third, as it stands we cannot play in Europe for a further two seasons after this

one, so why the rush to win the 1st division? Now for us to play in the 1st division next season a few things would have to happen. We

would require that the SFA/SPL remove the transfer embargo immediately - don't see that happening. Charles has said that he is

negotiating with UEFA with a regard to speeding up our return to playing in Europe. Probably nothing will happen until the start of

the 2015 season, which would be one season earlier than projected for us. This would only happen if we won a cup or won the 1st

division at the first time of asking, for us to qualify - don't see us winning the 1st division at the first time of asking. There is also the

feeling of the fans to consider, many have said that the wounds are still too raw to start attending games at SPL grounds right now.

Now if we were put in the 2nd division, of the 12-12-18 structure, we could easily afford within our present budget an out-of-contract

CB and maybe a MF or forward. Now if we were after a player, I'm sure the fact that we were in the 2nd division and not the 1st

division would not be a terrible handicap, they can see potential too. Look at players who sign with Championship teams who are

likely to get promotion to the EPL. As I see it, if we go for the latter policy we have a better chance of developing our youth at the

same time bringing in players who will assist us to win the 1st division. If Charles is successful with his negotiations with UEFA then

we are ready to meet the accelerated schedule, with three transfer windows under our belt. This extra season could be beneficial in

helping us buy younger players who would have a better sell-on value also. Listen, I want to hear the CL music back at Ibrox too, but

when it comes we want to be ready. Just saying, bud ...

Edited by barca72

You've made some good points Barca, but let's not forget we're talking about something which is very unlikely to happen anyway...

All I'm saying is that if we were offered the chance to return straight back into the premier league next season, personally I think we should accept it because I think the benefits/upside would outweigh the downside.

Regarding the feelings amongst our fans maybe still being too raw for a premier league return: There's no way another season or two in the lower leagues (essentially on the outside looking in) is going to fix that issue. The other SPL clubs and their fans created that problem when they voted to leave us without a league to play in and it's something that will never be forgotten.

Life is simply too short. One season in the lower leagues is quite enough for me. The quicker we get up, the faster we get better players, the faster I start enjoying the football again. Couldn't give a monkeys about the morality, or otherwise, of the situation. Agree with zaps we should never have been down in the first place anyway.

Okay, Zappa, you have a good day now. Catch you on another thread down the road.

I can break down and answer your individual points if you're not happy with my previous reply. I just thought it was worth pointing out that we're talking about something which isn't very likely to happen. In fact, as it stands we'll be lucky to even be playing in the second tier of the new Scottish league structure never mind the top tier, so it's just a bit of a moot point to argue about in great detail. The bottom line for me and all I've been trying to say is simply that I think we should accept an accelerated return to the top flight if it's offered to us because I think it would be the right thing to do for a whole bunch of reasons that outweigh the downsides. Refusing an offer of an accelerated return (should we get such an offer) would just be cutting our noses off to spite our face more than anything and I would be pretty annoyed if we did that.