Charles Greenâ??s Rangers

Interesting blog:

Charles Greenâ??s Rangers

â??This is something that we can stamp out, something that we can deal with and it has not place in society and definitely not in Charles Greenâ??s Rangers.â?

â??Charles Greenâ??s Rangersâ?? (bar the Craig Whyte saga) has got to be the worst phrase ever to come out from inside our club. There is a certain aura about Greenâ??s attitude and that statement that can leave you thinking that he is getting â??too big for his bootsâ??. To actually have the audacity to say that something like that is dangerously wrong. You can have all the shares in the world, but Rangers will never have anybodyâ??s name before it and will never belong to one person; not now and not ever. Rangers belongs to the fans. This, also coming from the same person who spoke of Rangers fans sending him death threats and had to later apologise.

In further analysing his press statement on sectarianism Green states:

â??What I also said at the meeting [with supporters] is that if youâ??re stood next to the man [and] you are not seen to be policing that, ie putting your hand up and saying, â??Arrest my best mate because of his sectarian chantingâ?? Iâ??m going to ban you as wellâ?¦. anybody who is identified will be banned for life. There will be no appeals.â?

Sectarianism first and foremost cannot be defended. Although I think itâ??s pretty safe to say all football fans go to watch the game for enjoyment and their love of the club. They donâ??t go to pay over the top prices and then self-police a football match when there are quite clearly already more than enough staff to deal with football crowds; a point that we will come back to. The end of that quote has very dangerous undertones that I feel Charles Green is obliged to expand upon. It has dangerous undertones because it is unclear on whether you are banned for life by being arrested for â??alleged sectarian signingâ?? no matter the outcome of your day in court. Or if you are found innocent and in that case you are not banned for life. You would assume it was the latter but he only said â??identifiedâ?? not â??found guiltyâ?? and you should take nothing for granted. Using the first scenario, an un-democratic banning system, with Charles Green as the judge will he put the record straight on what sectarianism is? â??What Sectarianism is?â?? Sounds silly, I know. But as many have experienced there are clear acts of sectarianism and there are muddy waters in the middle that are named political. If you are going to threaten to ban people for life then surely you are obliged to help lay down the law.

In Greenâ??s laying down of the law, it is highly immoral to ban a supporter of a club for failing to tell on his friend/brother/sister or the guy on the same row as him. Firstly, there are personnel at Ibrox paid very handsomely to deal with football crowds â?? or even more bizarrely stand and video the BF1 section at Ibrox for the full game. Secondly, as previously stated sectarianism is murky waters that has yet to be clearly defined in regard to football chants; what if the person doesnâ??t know if that song is a sectarian song? Lastly, in any case it goes against human nature to get your friend/brother/sister in to trouble purely out of your own doing. Is it right to crucify people for being victims of human nature? I feel these are points Green never considered in his outburst.

Following on from Greenâ??s hard stance on fan behaviour it is questionable that he acts so gallantly on this topic raised by the media but ignores this. It may well be that he wasnâ??t questioned on it, but by playing a leading role in our club it should surely be of interest. Sectarianism is called by many, even in the media, not a usual occurrence â?? especially at home. Yet this article announces lawyers are warning Rangers fans have their human rights undermined by the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act 2012. This would mean that Rangers fans have had their human rights breached for possibly a full year, a far more recurring, current problem than sectarianism at this moment. What can Green do about this? It is very clear Green doesnâ??t have authority to tell Police what to do or change Scottish Government policy. But if he is confident enough to threaten supporters over problems that affect our club, then surely he should be standing up for supporters who are affected by bigger problems at our club? He does have the ability to draw publicity to the matter with his position from our club in Scottish Football...............

Continued here: http://pb1872.wordpress.com/

It's each to their own on that I suppose, for me it just seems to be another way of saying Rangers under Charles Green's guidance. I can see why many would find the turn of phrase irritating but the outrage I've seen from many just seems mocked up offence to me, as if they've been waiting to really pounce on something, but that's just the way I see it, I'm sure plenty would want to shoot me down.

Guest nvager

He is pointing out that the behavior of a minority that sing songs that are banned can do us harm especially in Europe and can turn of investors. He is correct too. Some of these banned songs were great fun, but they ARE banned and the support know that. Time to look ahead and not to the past. We can keep all our traditions without the use of these songs and FTP. (If not you are saying that our traditions depend on them and that is not the case.)

There is so much hope ahead it is foolish to throw it away over such foolishness.

Mountain out of a molehill, sledgehammer to crack a nut, take your pick of any you want.

This story was dead on the Monday morning after the game, but no Charlie has to go on and on and then bloody on some more then tells us to grass your pal. You want to actually tackle this problem Charlie then get everybody around a table from all the clubs and sort it, until you do that you can kiss my hairy arse.

“This is something that we can stamp out, something that we can deal with and it has not place in society and definitely not in Charles Green’s Rangers.”

‘Charles Green’s Rangers’ (bar the Craig Whyte saga) has got to be the worst phrase ever to come out from inside our club. There is a certain aura about Green’s attitude and that statement that can leave you thinking that he is getting ‘too big for his boots’. To actually have the audacity to say that something like that is dangerously wrong. You can have all the shares in the world, but Rangers will never have anybody’s name before it and will never belong to one person; not now and not ever. Rangers belongs to the fans. This, also coming from the same person who spoke of Rangers fans sending him death threats and had to later apologise.

Tin-pot dictator comes to mind! Glad to see that I am not the only one thinking this!

“This is something that we can stamp out, something that we can deal with and it has not place in society and definitely not in Charles Green’s Rangers.”

‘Charles Green’s Rangers’ (bar the Craig Whyte saga) has got to be the worst phrase ever to come out from inside our club. There is a certain aura about Green’s attitude and that statement that can leave you thinking that he is getting ‘too big for his boots’. To actually have the audacity to say that something like that is dangerously wrong. You can have all the shares in the world, but Rangers will never have anybody’s name before it and will never belong to one person; not now and not ever. Rangers belongs to the fans. This, also coming from the same person who spoke of Rangers fans sending him death threats and had to later apologise.

Tin-pot dictator comes to mind! Glad to see that I am not the only one thinking this!

Yet he's also been pretty clear that the board and shareholders could sack him.

Yet he's also been pretty clear that the board and shareholders could sack him.

Considering it would take most of the shareholders he brought to the club to sack him, that's a bit of a red herring from our Charlie.

Maybe if he agreed to give up his free shares if he was sacked, I would believe that statement more.

Edited by GovanAllan

Considering it would take most of the shareholders he brought to the club to sack him, that's a bit of a red herring from our Charlie.

Maybe if he agreed to give up his free shares if he was sacked, I would believe that statement more.

He brought Malcolm Murray to the club yet there seems to have been some falling out there, i'm sure if Green was seen as damaging the share price or other revenues his future would be looked at.