Is This The Beginning Of The End

Eightball is a top bloke, bought him a few beers when he was in Singapore.

Forgot all about Big C.

Cammy ran the show when I joined, nice to hear he is still on the go! For a while I thought Kuznetzov was Cammy, with the Victor Meldfew thing :D

Plenty names from the old days that arent around for 1 reason or another.

Smalce

Colshy

Jimll

Jonc

Bmck

Del

Even the legendary Juffery hasnt been around for a while.

Barry Bmck is still our biggest technician and without him Frankie and Zappa the website would probably not exist.

Barry has been studying for the last few years and took a step back from posting. He is still very significant in the running of the website. Barry will be back in the future.

I though Kuznetsov was Colshy for a while but the Chelsea love was missing.

On a serious note, how does Northern Irish football survive? Welsh, Icelandic, or even Norwegian? I doubt they have bumper tv deals financing them from top to bottom? Where do people on here see the Scottish game and Scottish football in Europe?

Welsh league football is on a par with junior football here, it's semi-professional and not of a great standard. Northern Irish football is in the doldrums. Glentoran, one of the biggest clubs on the whole island, are teetering on the brink of insolvency, Newry Town went out of business last season and most of the other clubs have had financial problems over the last decade. It's worse in the Republic, clubs there have been run well beyond their means for a few seasons, new guidelines have been introduced to try and combat this but every season for the last 4 or 5 a senior top league club has either gone out of business or suffered a financial collapse and being demoted because of it.

Iceland and Norway are quite different, they don't have a dominant cultural neighbour who speak the same language and as them. The presence of England is the big problem to football here and in Wales/NI/ROI. I imagine Austria suffers similarly due to Germany's influence?

Big C posts on RM but still visits occasionally.

And, I'd agree with Pete, I'd hope this forum and site was still more than worth a read. We've missed Cammy's contributions but are lucky to still have a few lads who are just as talented in their writing.

Agree - even although wasn't posting I still popped on to gersnet every now and again to see what was being said. Site and members evolved over the years but the quality of the site remained

Oh it's good to be back posting :-)

Barry Bmck is still our biggest technician and without him Frankie and Zappa the website would probably not exist.

Barry has been studying for the last few years and took a step back from posting. He is still very significant in the running of the website. Barry will be back in the future.

I though Kuznetsov was Colshy for a while but the Chelsea love was missing.

Great to hear Barry is still around - always worried I had tipped him over the edge when I introduced him to joy division!