Is This The Beginning Of The End

Like all Rangers fans, I have ample time to reflect on the blood-letting and Rangers bashing that occurred when our club slipped from administration into liquidation. Everyone in Scotland appeared to want a piece of Rangers, they were queuing up to kick us when we were down. From the SPL to the media and especially sections of fans of SPL clubs, they all had their say and in the end, they all got their wish. Rangers were voted out the SPL and, on the eve of the new season, were finally given a license to play in the SFL3.

We also had the Tax case and the SPL investigation into EBTâ??s et al. Both have subsequently found us NOT GUILTY, well apart from a minor administration â??errorâ??. If only these outcomes had been delivered 9-12 months ago, we probably wouldnâ??t be where we are today.

Outside of Scotland people can not believe the punishments dished out to Rangers. Nor can they believe the lack of help and / or support from the governing bodies within our game, especially if you compare it to the help and support given to teams like Portsmouth.

As this season has developed, the â??sell-outâ?? Saturdays havenâ??t materialised, sponsors are failing to renew deals, and new sponsors are not tripping over themselves to invest in Scottish Football. There are serious concerns over SKY TV deal beyond the end of this season due to the plummeting viewing figures (unless Rangers are involved).

It appears that life without Rangers is not what everyone thought it would be. Hell, we even have Charlie Mulgrew saying that we wants Rangers back in the SPL next season.

Now we have both Hearts and Dunfermline in perilous positions with the later possibly only weeks away from administration and liquidation. Scottish Football is dying and the outcome of reconstruction meetings over the coming weeks could either save Scottish Football, or more importantly (likely), deliver the final death blow to our game.

Cammy F

On a serious note, how does Northern Irish football survive? Welsh, Icelandic, or even Norwegian? I doubt they have bumper tv deals financing them from top to bottom? Where do people on here see the Scottish game and Scottish football in Europe?

Guest Thermopylae

Well they were falling over themselves to bin the only world class thing about Scottish football the Old Firm game ... you really have to wonder what they use for brains

On a serious note, how does Northern Irish football survive? Welsh, Icelandic, or even Norwegian? I doubt they have bumper tv deals financing them from top to bottom? Where do people on here see the Scottish game and Scottish football in Europe?

They cut their cloth accordingly - aren't the welsh and northern Irish leagues not mostly part-time?

I would imagine mate they live within there means like the small clubs in the SFL Dunfermline has hit the rocks due to overspend playing in SPL , Hearts in trouble , not heard of any teams in SFL in trouble and with Rangers having played them this season it will keep them going for a few years.

Agree wholeheartedly with Pete. A blast from the past when Gersnet was young, and always worth a read.

Good to have you back Cammy.

Disagree on one thing Doc. We are even now always worth a read. I agree though great to see Cammy back.

All we need now is Big C and eightball coming back and the circle will be round.

Disagree on one thing Doc. We are even now always worth a read. I agree though great to see Cammy back.

All we need now is Big C and eightball coming back and the circle will be round.

Eightball is a top bloke, bought him a few beers when he was in Singapore.

Forgot all about Big C.

Cammy ran the show when I joined, nice to hear he is still on the go! For a while I thought Kuznetzov was Cammy, with the Victor Meldfew thing :D

Plenty names from the old days that arent around for 1 reason or another.

Smalce

Colshy

Jimll

Jonc

Bmck

Del

Even the legendary Juffery hasnt been around for a while.

Big C posts on RM but still visits occasionally.

And, I'd agree with Pete, I'd hope this forum and site was still more than worth a read. We've missed Cammy's contributions but are lucky to still have a few lads who are just as talented in their writing.