Ally say's we will need a new team.

■2h Rangers FC Official ‏@RFC_Official

AMcC -" We'll likely need to have completely different sides to win the different divisions. We're also unsure where we will play next season"

I would have thought some of our team would be good enough for next season, this is worrying.

FRIDAY, 15 MARCH 2013 16:14

Ally Fires Back At Snipers

WRITTEN BY NEIL SMITH

MANAGER Ally McCoist has insisted that critics having a go at the squad and the coaching staff don’t have enough knowledge to comment properly.

McCoist and his players have come under fire – especially after last week’s defeat by Annan.

However, the manager fired back - particularly at un-named ex-Rangers players who have offered their views in the media in the past week.

Speaking at today’s press conference, McCoist said: “I think there will be massive differences in opinion on the job done. There will people out there, without doubt, who will not give us any credit at all if and when we are lucky enough to win the league.

“It won’t be difficult for me. If and when we are lucky enough for it to happen the players will certainly deserve it and they will get my congratulations which will hopefully be the most important thing to them.

“As I say there is no-one from the outside that really knows what’s going on. It’s very easy to have an opinion without full knowledge of what is going on and that’s the beauty of football.

“Everybody has opinions and indeed differing opinions. That’s why it is easier for me, believe it or not, to take criticism because I’m very aware of the difficulties everybody is facing at the club.

“There have been comments from one or two ex-Rangers players who have coached and managed at a level as well which are pretty ignorant because they don’t know the full story and they are a little bit misguided.

“They are entitled to their opinions, of course, but we in here don’t take them too seriously.”

Probably Ally's most ill-considered and thoughtless statements to date. If we require new teams to win the different divisions why on earth invest in long term contracts? Fact is, on current showing, we will be unable to off-load any of our squad - with the possible exception of Andy Little - if we are required to do so next season, or thereafter.

His comments in relation to the significant criticisms this week are rather infantile (and a little insulting). Does he really think we are incapable of making our own assessments and judgements? Sorry Ally but you don't have to be a coach to conclude that our football is rubbish; our players can't pass a ball; we have no guile; no imagination; no craft; no quality.

What is it that I don't know that would make me conclude otherwise? What is it that I should know about the Annan game that would make me rethink my conclusions? What is it that I don't know that would alter my opinions about the vast majority of games we have played this year where we looked lost, confused and hapless?

Like many, I will continue to support my team faithfully and will buy my season ticket again next year - regardless of where we are - but please don't insult me by insisting that, 'you really don't understand'. I understand enough to know that we have been outplayed by part-timers too many times this year, and embarrassed on many occasions by teams who look meaner, leaner and fitter than us!

I don't need to be a coach - or have the 'inside track' - to reach those conclusions.

Edited by JCS

I don't have a problem with the statement although I can see why it might appear insulting to some. Some of the content is worrying though.

“As I say there is no-one from the outside that really knows what’s going on.....I’m very aware of the difficulties everybody is facing at the club....they don’t know the full story and they are a little bit misguided."

Given the troubled times Ally has had to guide us through, these words are either very poorly or very carefully chosen. Either way it should be a cause for concern.

I don't have a problem with the statement although I can see why it might appear insulting to some. Some of the content is worrying though.

“As I say there is no-one from the outside that really knows what’s going on.....I’m very aware of the difficulties everybody is facing at the club....they don’t know the full story and they are a little bit misguided."

Given the troubled times Ally has had to guide us through, these words are either very poorly or very carefully chosen. Either way it should be a cause for concern.

Or a cause for seeing a manager running out of ideas.