Charles Green on League Reconstruction

Nice sentiment, but just like I was thinking when he claimed to have offered clubs compensation for their fans boycotting at the SPL share vote last season, could it not be regarded as a bribe?

A bribe by any other name I agree, but as the saying goes if you can't beat them join them.

if it starts in the 4th tier and ends in the 3rd its about right imho. but its worth a go.

thought the stranrar case analogy is stretched as the would have gone from 3 to 3 without the promotion to 2.

It's not promotion though if every other team in the league you win is 'promoted' along with you.

There is no fair outcome if it's voted through in it's entirety for next season. The only fair solution would be to restructure the top two tiers and give a seasons notice for the bottom tier restructing.

A bribe by any other name I agree, but as the saying goes if you can't beat them join them.

That's fair enough mate. The only reason I'm wary is that bribery isn't looked too kindly upon in any business nevermind sporting circles. We don't exactly need to be handing them a stick to beat us with these days either.

Back in season 1993-94 everything was agreed and signed before the season began, not during.

The 3 divisions of 12-12-14 (Premier Division, Division One, & Division Two), would become 4 divisions of 10 - (Premier Division, Division One, Division Two & Division Three), two new clubs (Ross County, ICT) would join the set up.

This was decided....

The Champions of Division One (Falkirk) would be promoted to the Premier Division, three clubs from the Premier Division (St.Johnstone, Raith & Dundee) would be relegated to Division One. The club that won Division Two (Stranraer) would be promoted to Division One...five clubs in Division One would be relegated to Division Two. The bottom 8 clubs in Division 2 would form Division Three along with Ross C. & ICT.

Fact of the matter was that Stranraer 'jumped' 5 clubs from Division One. All the clubs voted on this and saw this as sporting and fair that the bottom five clubs in Division One should make way for the winner of Division Two, they MUST be promoted.

Fast forward 20 years...and this thought doesn't come into it.

That's fair enough mate. The only reason I'm wary is that bribery isn't looked too kindly upon in any business nevermind sporting circles. We don't exactly need to be handing them a stick to beat us with these days either.

Doesn't bother me, the SPL/Liewell plan to spread the money around is a bribe by any other name as well.

It's got nothing to do with spreading the wealth around its simply there to grease the wheels in the power grab, at least Green is being above board with his idea. Also every chance he will get 300 to a fair few of those games.

Doesn't bother me, the SPL/Liewell plan to spread the money around is a bribe by any other name as well.

It's got nothing to do with spreading the wealth around its simply there to grease the wheels in the power grab, at least Green is being above board with his idea. Also every chance he will get 300 to a fair few of those games.

The difference is that football's governing bodies are free to make these decisions. Member clubs don't have right to offer financial incentives or any other favors to influence voting.

It's not to our benefit or liking that Liewell and his cronies have so much influence on our national sport at the moment, but that's the state of play unfortunately.

The difference is that football's governing bodies are free to make these decisions. Member clubs don't have right to offer financial incentives or any other favors to influence voting.

It's not to our benefit or liking that Liewell and his cronies have so much influence on our national sport at the moment, but that's the state of play unfortunately.

All Green has said is Rangers will buy 300 tickets minimum for every Swifts away game. I don't see it as anything underhand.

All Green has said is Rangers will buy 300 tickets minimum for every Swifts away game. I don't see it as anything underhand.

Of course it's not underhand since he's put it out there in a press statement for all to see and pass judgement.

Clever stuff from CG. He knows SKY & other sponsors won't be interested unless we're in the top division next season. So he demands the division below the top division knowing the the SFL/SPL/SFA will need to find a way of getting us into the top division. By not demanding the top division no one can accuse Rangers of bullying their way back to the top division letting the SFL/SPL/SFA to take the blame when we are put there next season.