There is a thread on RM about all the players we wanted to sign I can't copy and paste on this bloody iPad so if someone could do the needful I would appreciate it , it's quite interesting and shows how poor some of these guys were

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=250228

I thought it would be interesting to see where all of our previous transfer targets ended up, to see if we missed out on anything special.

I might be forgetting a few, and I know we had some on trial like Bruins and Abelairas but ultimately didn't offer them deals.

Roland Juhasz - we supposedly offered £3m in 2011 for him from Anderlecht. He has subsequently lost his place in the Hungary team and is out on loan at Videoton in the Hungarian league.

Wesley Verhoek - another target from 2011. He opted to sign for FC Twente that year, rarely played and then signed for Feyenoord last year. He has played one 90 minute game for them.

David Goodwillie - I think we made about 50 bids for him, the highest being close to £3m. God knows what's happened to him since; had a loan spell at Crystal Palace for a week then returned to Blackburn Reserves.

Enar Jaager - A right back we had on trial and Ally said he was desperate to sign. This flagged up issues for us all; Whyte was refusing to sanction it despite saying we could afford it, and Ally "needed" him despite having 5 right backs over 21 on the books and constantly playing Bartley and Perry there. Jaager went on to have further trials with half a dozen other clubs before eventually signing a rolling one year deal with the club he originally left in Norway.

Craig Conway - I remember Ally saying we had offered him a deal in 2011. He opted to sign for Cardiff instead. Could be a Premiership footballer next season, and has played 11 full games for Cardiff this season.

Neil Danns - Another one Ally was desperate to sign for centre mid when he was leaving Palace. Danns turned us down and instead signed for Leicester, where he rarely got picked and is currently punted out on loan to Huddersfield.

Daniel Larsson - Malmo's pacey striker that we were seemingly after ever since he scored against us. He moved to Real Valladolid when his contract expired. No goals in 10 appearances.

Michael Fink - We had him up in the Summer just before the end of the transfer window, and supposedly offered him £6k a week. I think it was Green who pulled the plug on this one, or there were disagreements with the player over the length of the deal. Currently plays for Erzgebirge Aue in Germany.

Many have been saying on here that the only reason we have been so poor on the park this season is because Ally did not get the players he wanted... and yet the majority of those players seem to have either turned out to be poor or to have had terrible seasons.

you could argue that they may have played better for us in a league like the 3rd division, but it would seem to be unlikely.

therefore the argument that we MUST give the management team time to bring in the players that they want is bit spurious..

Who else did we try to sign in the past couple of seasons?

Rangers manager Ally McCoist confirmed the suspension at today's pre-match media conference, but was unwilling to go into the exact details, stating: "Neil has been suspended by the club pending an investigation. It's a really sensitive matter and that's all I can say on it."

In that case it is very disingenuous of them. Not good.

Many have been saying on here that the only reason we have been so poor on the park this season is because Ally did not get the players he wanted... and yet the majority of those players seem to have either turned out to be poor or to have had terrible seasons.?

Many of the best Rangers players over the years have had less successful stints at other clubs. It works the other way as well. We've had some real turds who've done very well elsewhere.

All we can do is trust our scouts and hope for the best once the signing is made because there are a lot of factors involved that even the best scouts can't know the outcome to beforehand.