Francisco Sandaza Sacked

The difficulty for the club is that he revealed his pay structure with the exact amounts. If you were a free agent likely to sign for Rangers on 01 September 2013, and had scored say 15 goals in the SPL during this current season and Rangers offered a starting salary of say 3k per week, would you accept knowing that Sandaza had been earning more than that in his first season in Div 3?

I do think that it is a Pandora's box, and while he will not be the first player to be 'tapped up', he was the first one caught. It is opportunistic on the part of the club that he has been poor and it is a easy excuse to get rid of a non performing high earner but I am slightly concerned about the precedent being set. Having said that, Rangers were in a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation.

Rangers were in a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation.

Especially when you consider all factors and possible factors involved. As someone else here pointed out, there's a chance that the incident was a breach of league or association rules and even if it was borderline, then there's definitely a chance that someone unfriendly towards the club could have tried to make an issue out of it and cause the club problems. By dealing with it in the way they have, the club have taken the most severe action available to them which hopefully reduces the risk of repercussions.

Especially when you consider all factors and possible factors involved. As someone else here pointed out, there's a chance that the incident was a breach of league or association rules and even if it was borderline, then there's definitely a chance that someone unfriendly towards the club could have tried to make an issue out of it and cause the club problems. By dealing with it in the way they have, the club have taken the most severe action available to them which hopefully reduces the risk of repercussions.

As has been said before, if he was our top scorer on 20 for the season, would the Club have been so severe, I doubt it.

I doubt if we need to be too worried about that metlika. If a player spouts his mouth off to the press about his contract just to get out of his contract he only makes himself less attractive to other clubs. There's better ways for a player to get out of their contract if that's what they want.

I disagree, nothing, absolutely nothing, can make a player less attractive to other clubs. A self-proclaimed Fascist has just been given one of the biggest jobs in England, players have served prison sentences and returned to clubs like conquering heroes, we ourselves had a wife-beater who remains someone many of us retain an enormous affection for. Players can basically go on strike just to achieve a move, see Jelavic and Rapid Vienna, and clubs don't care. Professional football is amoral and has been for a while now. So no, mouthing off to mystery telephone callers won't do his career any harm, considerably less harm than scoring only 2 goals in Div 3 has done certainly.

I've got to say I think agents across the world will have sat up at this story and are calling Championship clubs this morning wondering if they'd be interested in Barrie McKay if he suddenly found himself unexpectedly out of contract.

Guest Jamkam
Some nonsense in this thread. It's about time these overpaid footballers got brought down a peg or two.

exactly! time to clear out the 'dead wood' and get in a few new faces for SFL2 next season and repeat the process over and over as many times as it takes until we get it bang on. We could afford Boca's wages now that spanish spiceboy is out the door.

As has been said before, if he was our top scorer on 20 for the season, would the Club have been so severe, I doubt it.

No, they would probably have tried to take a different approach, but we'll never know.

I've got to say I think agents across the world will have sat up at this story and are calling Championship clubs this morning wondering if they'd be interested in Barrie McKay if he suddenly found himself unexpectedly out of contract.

God, don't give the bastards ideas like that!

Rock and a hard place amms, we all know tapping goes on but 99% of players do it through agents take Wylde you don't think he was tapped up, it happens everyday but no ones hears about it.

Sandaza was stupid enough to discuss it himself, instead of simply saying talk to the club and goodbye.