Ally Hits Back At Green

Ally's managerial abilities to one side, he is a smart guy, an honest guy and 110% Rangers. If he says Green is not to be trusted, that's good enough for me ' not because I'm an unthinking sheep, but because he is 'our' man on the inside. Seriously, if you can't trust McCoist's integrity, then there's no point in getting up in the mornings.

Ally's managerial abilities to one side, he is a smart guy, an honest guy and 110% Rangers. If he says Green is not to be trusted, that's good enough for me ' not because I'm an unthinking sheep, but because he is 'our' man on the inside. Seriously, if you can't trust McCoist's integrity, then there's no point in getting up in the mornings.

I fully agree with that.

Except that's not what he's said, regardless of what you believe you're reading between the lines.

Except that's not what he's said, regardless of what you believe you're reading between the lines.

You read between your lines and I'll read between mine - and 6 months from now I hope I'm doffing my cap to your steadfastness and wisdom, sir. I really, honestly do hope I'm being force fed humble pie - but I don't think I will be. I will be very surprised if both of them are still there in September.

He didn't seem too angry to me. He had a cheeky dig at Green for going back to his 'worst Rangers team ever' comment. He obviously didn't agree with Green making that and the other comments about the players and who can blame him?

Anyway for those who haven't seen it already and want to see just how furious Ally wasn't today, STV have a video interview up on their site...

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/220488-ally-mccoist-hits-back-at-charles-green-over-worst-rangers-team-claim/

You read between your lines and I'll read between mine - and 6 months from now I hope I'm doffing my cap to your steadfastness and wisdom, sir. I really, honestly do hope I'm being force fed humble pie - but I don't think I will be. I will be very surprised if both of them are still there in September.

He's not the first football manager to put some public pressure on for funds and he won't be the last. It seems to me as if you're looking for something severe, if McCoist has decided with total finality that Green is not to be trusted then why would he let his name be put to a joint statement backing him up? Surely he would know as well as anyone that innuendo is no good, and just come out and say it even if he was risking the sack.

I'm also not sure what 6 months has to do with it as I feel to fully judge Green's reign we need to see how the first couple of seasons back in the top flight go.

Watching the interview doesnt come across as anything major at all.

Even the "hardest title win" comment may have been blown out of proportion. It might have been from his point of view that winning one as manager is harder than being a striker upfront banging goals in, I can see his point there. But from a fans point of view we've had harder titles.

Even the "hardest title win" comment may have been blown out of proportion. It might have been from his point of view that winning one as manager is harder than being a striker upfront banging goals in, I can see his point there. But from a fans point of view we've had harder titles.

This all sounds a bit too level headed. :)

We've obviously had more of a challenge from our league rivals in plenty of previous title races, but we've won the majority of those titles with groups of seasoned pros who already had a winning mentality.

To do so against relatively unknown opposition with a hastily assembled group of players and no preparation is a completely different challenge. I get what he's saying and although I don't necessarily agree with his opinion of it being the 'hardest' title win I also don't think he's talking rubbish.