A straw, a camel and a broken back

Some of you have commented that I have been particularly quiet of late. Truth be told I have found it hard to write anything positive or upbeat regarding our club. Perhaps some of you share both my disappointment and sense of betrayal.

Once again our football club is the soap opera washing it's dirty laundry in public much to the amusement of our many detractors. Once again we are a media frenzy for all the wrong reasons. Perhaps the most unedifying aspect of it all is people inside Ibrox briefing their media pals against others inside or club. Anyone reading Keevin's latest offering could be forgiven for thinking Ally is his ghost writer. A wee bit of advice for you Ally - 4 priests may be your friend but he is certainly no friend of this club and would have had those titles stripped from you faster than you can say "sporting integrity".

But whilst the Ibrox boardroom indulges in playground power games as ever it's we the fans who feel it most . The same fans who defied a nations hatred and malevolence to stand by or club. The same fans who astonished not just a nation but the footballing world with our loyalty and steadfastness. The same fans who not only set records but set tongues a wagging such was our loyalty and devotion to put club. What a shame some of those lessons and examples have not been shared and acted upon by the current incumbents of the Ibrox boardroom. Quite simply the fans of Rangers football club deserve better. Much much better in fact.

I'm sure I'm not the only bear touched with a sense of irony over Charles Green's departure which has given rise to our current boardroom struggles. The man who threatened to ban some of the Ibrox faithful for not intervening or reporting offensive singing or language himself indulged in the unacceptable. Out of step, out of touch and now as a consequence, out on his arse.

Green of course promised to build bridges with the Ibrox support. Is there any real evidence of that â?? have fans wishes been taken into consideration ? Some fellow Bears say to me â??Charles Green has worked tirelesslyâ? Yes he has but was that tireless work devoted to maximising his financial investment or for the good of Rangers ? Consider this - we have now had two legal rulings in our favour and yet our club, the biggest in Scotland, the greatest revenue generator, still languish in the bottom tier of Scottish football â?? and had it not been for the determination of Ross County and St Mirren we would do for yet another season.

But he's not the only one within Ibrox who is out of touch with supporter's feelings. Had that been the case Chick Young would never had got to compère a certain function and Graham Spiers would certainly have not been granted an exclusive interview with Sandy Jardine. When will our club ever learn not to feed the hand which continually attempts to besmirch us ?

So as the time fast approaches for season ticket renewals I'm left wondering â?? will the new regime (whoever that may be) ever take the fans wishes seriously ? Or is just another snake oiled salesman in different suit ? I found the following comment by the outgoing CEO particularly infuriating â??Charles Green's Rangersâ?.

Perhaps come renewal time if there are a few more Bears who harbour the same discontent as I do with the way or club is being run, there may be a harsh lesson store for those who claim the type of ownership of our club, which should be the sole claim of the magnificent Rangers support.

It really is a great disappointment that we have so much uncertainty surrounding the club - only a year or so after it was sold.

At this point, it's again difficult to decipher the spin and rhetoric from a variety of parties but, no matter, the fans do deserve better and it beyond time we realised that ourselves.

What saddens me is the way that everything gets done by backstabbing through the media.

What happened to the days of the club literally announcing that we have a new owner and that is the first even the media know about it. I pine for those days of the Marlborough family and the introduction of David Holmes - and even SDM's purchase was done with dignity and appropriately.

Yes, I understand we live in a digital age but there is no reason our affairs cant be handled professionally.

Great read again, by the way, D'Artagnan.

Can't say I disagree with much, if any of what you've written D'art. Saddening and anxious times yet again.

Not the biggest of our concerns as a club, but Ally definitely needs to be more careful with his choice of media buddies. If he was smarter, he'd be using the media as a weapon to his benefit without hurting himself at the same time, but he's losing the support of some bears by keeping bad company.