SFA - Green guilty of disrepute charge

A Disciplinary Tribunal convened today in accordance with the Judicial Panel Protocol to consider the following cases:

Case 1

Alleged Party in Breach: Charles Green (Rangers FC)

Date: On or around 6th April 2013

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

(1) Disciplinary Rule 66 (Bringing the game into disrepute by making comments in a media interview of an offensive and racist nature); and

(2) Disciplinary Rule 71 (Not acting in the best interests of Association Football by making comments in a media interview of an offensive and racist nature.)

Outcome: Complaint of breach of disciplinary rules 66 and 71 upheld.

Sanction: Fine of £2500, payable within 30 days.

Rule 66: No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Rule 71: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football. Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive or indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

Case 2

Alleged Party in Breach: Barry Douglas (Dundee United FC)

Match: Ross County v Dundee United - 26th April 2013

Claim: Claim of wrongful dismissal for serious foul play

Outcome: Claim dismissed.

What happens if Green refuses to pay? or does it apply to Rangers as he was CEO at the time?

I don't think there will be any problem with him paying the fine. If he doesn't, the SFA would take him to court, as they are currently doing to Whyte.

When is Regan going to be fined? I now see the SFA as disreputable because of him and so he has brought the Association into disrepute. There is too big a list to state why. I'm sure there are tens of thousands of people who think the same.

I still can't really see what Green has done wrong.

A mate called me a "Scots git" again the other day, I didn't mind and don't think he should be arrested. Am I bringing this forum into disrepute by mentioning it in what is the public domain. It's ridiculous.