Lawyerl Houssami Wants Boardroom Changes

I assume you also attack excessive (more than I am) postings of the opposite opinion?

Yes, I do as it happens (not sure about the "more" excessive but....) I am sorry I have not come across you when the debate is "in" that mode and if I have and have forgotten, I apologize. One of the things that drives me berserk is that if one posts something doubting, say, "Green" one is accused of loving "Ally's footballing strategy" or if one says they love Walter Smith (I do, btw, even if knowing he knows more about football than I ever will he's not the man I'd want to plan our footballing future - you see, complications, grey areas..........) one is accused of hating some other person or supposed pressure group, or whatever.

Simply put life is not black and white. Most of us learn this when we are about 7 years old. Then we hit internet forums and a lot of us seem to revert to being six year olds and pin our colours to a mast that we will never let go off because when posters back people they are rarely mature enough to admit they were wrong (the vast majority of Rangers fans on Mint, Whyte, Green ...and probably the next one).

Life isn't like that. Walter, Ally, Ahmad, Green, even the Satan Whyte aren't always wrong...or right. What they want for the club may or may not be in our best interests, though, so I'd go for trusting Walter and Ally from that list for now and review footballing concerns later. That is not because I think they are right but because they might actually care. And, btw, I am not at all against the club being run as a business where the investors make a profit because they make us successful. But there is no sign of that either happening or really having been the plan. More than half the IPO has gone. We have not only spent that, but spent it with no progress as a club.

My impression of you over different forums and myriad posts is that you think your support (adoration? love?) for Charles Green or your virtual persona built upon that is far more important than any feeling toward the Rangers FC. You post endlessly on Green - how often on football? I would be happy to have you prove my impression is incorrect.

Edited by SteveC

Yes, I do as it happens (not sure about the "more" excessive but....) I am sorry I have not come across you when the debate is "in" that mode and if I have and have forgotten, I apologize. One of the things that drives me berserk is that if one posts something doubting, say, "Green" one is accused of loving "Ally's footballing strategy" or if one says they love Walter Smith (I do, btw, even if knowing he knows more about football than I ever will he's not the man I'd want to plan our footballing future - you see, complications, grey areas..........) one is accused of hating some other person or supposed pressure group, or whatever.

Simply put life is not black and white. Most of us learn this when we are about 7 years old. Then we hit internet forums and a lot of us seem to revert to being six year olds and pin our colours to a mast that we will never let go off because when posters back people they are rarely mature enough to admit they were wrong (the vast majority of Rangers fans on Mint, Whyte, Green ...and probably the next one).

Life isn't like that. Walter, Ally, Ahmad, Green, even the Satan Whyte aren't always wrong...or right. What they want for the club may or may not be in our best interests, though, so I'd go for trusting Walter and Ally from that list for now and review footballing concerns later. That is not because I think they are right but because they might actually care. And, btw, I am not at all against the club being run as a business where the investors make a profit because they make us successful. But there is no sign of that either happening or really having been the plan. More than half the IPO has gone. We have not only spent that, but spent it with no progress as a club.

My impression of you over different forums and myriad posts is that you think your support (adoration? love?) for Charles Green or your virtual persona built upon that is far more important than any feeling toward the Rangers FC. You post endlessly on Green - how often on football? I would be happy to have you prove my impression is incorrect.

Assuming you see me on Rangersmedia as well, I signed up there in 2007 and have about 23,000 posts, so yes, I have posted plenty about football and Charles Green is far from my motivation. People in his role come and go and the club is the constant, I think he went too soon and I was happy with the job he was doing for the club, until his shares are sold it seems his ties with Rangers are not completely cut so discussions like this are inevitable. I can only follow the discussion themes, and right now Green/boardroom etc is pretty much all that is getting talked about. You only need to look back to see many a debate about our football, signings, tactics etc involving myself.

If I seem to hold Green up on a pedestal it's because in my opinion he saved the club and my feeling towards Rangers FC is the important thing above all else. As is the variety of opinions some see him as an evil man and just another version of Whyte, some are probably somewhere in the middle.

Thank you for the considered answer, let's leave it here for now and hopefully take up the dialogue in a Glasgow pub after a wonderful Rangers' victory when these dark days and grey areas are far behind us.

That is so but the point, which I was trying to make is that I find it rubbish that a situation has been created that some lawyer bloke from the Middle East can influence the make up of our board. Perhaps, I am being over emotional but I just feel that the heart and soul of a club, which means so much to many is being surrendered to people who are motivated by financial gain and who are unlikely to care very much about Glasgow Rangers.