Cammy Bell to be unveiled today...

Not knowing a great deal about Bell, I can't say I'm overly convinced by this signing but it does has its positives.

1. He seems to be as talented as Alexander.

2. He's cheaper.

3. He's got his best years ahead of him.

Good luck to the lad!

a9e9f42914223665d97ad02bf448f9bc_S.jpg

CAMMY BELL has expressed his pride and joy after agreeing a four-year deal with Rangers and he admits the move to his boyhood heroes is a dream come true.

The 26-year-old shotstopper is a lifelong Bluenose and after months of speculation he was finally unveiled as the latest addition to Ally McCoistâ??s squad at Ibrox Stadium today.*

As the Scotland international walked down the famous tunnel and onto the hallowed turf it would have been impossible to wipe the broad smile from his face and after a decade at Kilmarnock he is relishing a new and exciting challenge at an important stage of his career.

Bell will not be registered until September 1 but he canâ??t wait to meet up with his new teammates for pre-season training at Murray Park at the end of June as preparations begin for stage 2 of the journey back to the top of the Scottish game.

He said: â??Itâ??s been a long time coming for me. Itâ??s great just to be here at a club of this size and a club Iâ??ve always followed a youngster. Itâ??s just a dream come true really.

â??I think Iâ??ve got enough experience now. Iâ??ve played for a few years in the SPL and Iâ??ve got that behind me.

â??I needed to do that before I moved on and I had opportunities to move before now, it wasn't right though as I needed a bit longer.

"I think now is the right time for me to step on and itâ??s a no brainer, it didnâ??t take me long to make the decision.

â??I got a phone call from my agent who told me Rangers were going to offer me a contract. He also said another team was going to offer me a contract down south and they wanted me to go down the next day.

â??I said â??no, forget itâ?? as I wanted to go to Rangers and that was it, I had made my decision.

â??That was the club I wanted to go to and I know Iâ??ve made the right decision.

â??Theyâ??ve got all the facilities you need, the fans, the whole package.

â??Itâ??s a massive club and itâ??s one of the biggest clubs in Europe so there was no way I was going to turn down the chance to be a Rangers player.â?

Bell, of course, has already sampled the Ibrox atmosphere during his 10-year spell at Killie but knows playing in front of a full house wearing a Rangers jersey will be an altogether different experience.

He added: â??Totally. To run out in front of 50,000 fans will be an amazing feeling and hopefully I can prove to the fans that I can be a Rangers number 1. Thatâ??s my first job is to go out and prove to people that Iâ??m good enough to be here.â?

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

bca849d36b55d38a62caff3f070e3f9c_S.jpg

CAMMY BELL believes that by moving to Rangers he has given himself a chance of lifting more silverware and that the club is well placed to build on their SFL3 title-winning success in 2012/13.

Bell, a League Cup winner with Kilmarnock in 2012, knows all about the demands and expectations that come with being a Ger but the ambitious 26-year-old wants to write his name in the history books like so many great Ibrox goalkeepers before him.

Having already played in the SPL with Killie, the First Division with Queen of the South and the Third Division with Montrose Cammy is fully aware that life in Scottish footballâ??s lower leagues is far from easy.

However, he is confident that with a few new faces expected to join Ally McCoistâ??s squad this summer Rangers will be in a great position to continue their ascent back to the top.

The Scotland international and lifelong Bluenose said: â??I spoke to the manager and said to him that the Second Division is the only division Iâ??ve not played in.

â??Iâ??ve played in the First on loan and the Third on loan so I know exactly what Iâ??m walking into and Iâ??m walking in with my eyes wide open.

â??I completely understand the situation with the club and I know where they are at this moment.

â??Itâ??s going to be two difficult years to get back to the top and the leagues arenâ??t as bad as everyone says they are.

â??Iâ??ve been there myself and they can be difficult but itâ??s something the club needs to go through and I want to be part of the journey getting Rangers back up to the SPL and in Europe where they belong.â?

Bell, of course, was in goals for Kilmarnock on the day Rangers last won the SPL title at Rugby Park on May 15, 2011.

The Light Blues produced a scintillating display to win 5-1 and although disappointed to be on the losing side Cammy could not help but be impressed with the way Walter Smithâ??s men went about their business on what proved to be an unforgettable afternoon in Ayrshire.

The talented shotstopper was at Ibrox today having a agreed a four-year deal with the club and hopes he can be on the winning side when Rangers add to their impressive championship tally in the future.

He added: â??That day was disappointing for me but Rangers had to do it and the pressure was on them. They showed how good a team they were.

â??It wasnâ??t the fact we were really bad it was just how good Rangers were and that was the best I had seen anyone play that season.

â??All the pressure was on but it just showed how a club of this size can handle that and can go on to be successful. Everyone is hungry to be successful at this club.

â??I think you need that in yourself to come here and you have to want to win trophies. Thatâ??s what I want to do.

â??I had a small snippet of it at Kilmarnock when we won the League Cup which was great occasion for me and for the club.

â??But I want to come here and win trophies and I know I have come to the right club to do that.

â??Itâ??s going to be a tough couple of years but we will get there and will be back at the top soon.â?

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

How much are we paying him?

I would guess it's bound to be somewhere between 7k & 10k p/w. Lower end if he's going to be our No.2, higher if he's going to be our No.1

They were saying between 2k to 5k on Clyde

In other words, just like the rest of us, they don't know & are just guessing? :D

It probably is between 2k & 5k to begin with, but as Sandaza revealed in the infamous Thommy tape, his contract was incremental based on our moving up the divisions. I would expect Bell's contract to be similar and the for the whole contract to average out at maybe something in the region of 7k a week.

Bell hoping for quick Rangers debut

New Rangers goalkeeper Cammy Bell has not given up hope of beating the club's registration embargo and making his debut before September 1.

The former Kilmarnock stopper has penned a four-year deal with the Ibrox outfit that will see him officially sign as a player once the ban on new recruits is lifted.

But Bell - who is the first new face to check in at Rangers since David Templeton arrived from Hearts on August 31 last year - could yet feature for Ally McCoist's side before the ban is lifted.

Reports have suggested that Bell will be able to feature as a trialist in three Irn-Bru Second Division games as well as one Ramsdens Cup tie.