Thought it was an absolute cert for goal of the season. Watched the review with Andy Gray this afternoon though and he thinks Essien's was better.

No, this isn't a Chelsea thing, just that I caught the analysis and like Andy Gray.

I thought both were unbelieveable stikes though

If Essien's was better then it must have been some goal (havent seen it yet) because what Taylor did is nigh on unbelievable.

To score from that distance is one thing but to do it on the volley, without a prior touch, when the ball has just spun up from a tackle, is an incredible finish.

I rate Taylor's goal a better goal than Beckham's from inside his own half because of the way Tylor took it on the volley first-time.

Gray put it all down to his initial positioning, thoughts movement then the technical ability of the strike. I probably missed a fair few bits out there but I saw it and had the same reaction to Taylors......Foooookin Heeeeelllllllll

Cracking strike from Essien, I have to say.

However, Taylor's still wins it for me - Essien's is played nicely into his path, he does have to change his stride pattern but when you consider that Taylor's dropped from about 20 ft in the air, he had someone closing him down and he simply had to lash at it first-time I still would choose Taylor's.

Have to admit though that Essien's is a screamer.

Only thing I can say is that watching the analysis you see the whole movement and Essien started that move at RB.

Again, Im not taking anything away from Taylors goal, it's one of the best Ive seen and agree better than Beckhams half-way line strike