First choice XI for next season

Need a footballing thread.

Now with Bell, Daly, Law and Clark signed we have more depth in the squad when everyone is fit. Another addition in defence wouldnt go a miss though and a midfielder is likely to be added. I know we cant afford Bocanegra's wages but if we cant offload him he may as well play.

McCoist will have a lot of dilema's:

• Is Alexander staying on? If yes does he remain No.1 or does Bell come in straight away?

• Where will Daly play?

• How many trialist can we play before sept 1st?

• What formation will he go for? Stick with 4-4-2 at home and 4-5-1 away or go more attacking 4-3-3

With those things aside and its still early days but the following so far should have more than enough in most games. I know Boca is unlikely but if he could take a drop in wages then he'd be welcomed back into the team.

Although I am still not convinced with the centre of midfield as I dont know anything about Law and MacLean is named as Hutton and Black were awful last season.

_______________Bell_______________

Argy______Daly______Boca_____Wallace

McKay_____Law_____MacLeod____Templeton

__________Little_____Clark____________

Cribari, Hegarty, Perry, Cole and Faure are all further options at the back.

Black, Hutton and Shiels - the experienced 3 are going to have to fight for their places. This could be a good thing.

McCulloch was a big player last season but should we be looking at a new younger front line. Hemmings just doesnt seem to either get a chance or grab a chance.

Other youngsters such as Naismith, Crawford and Aird will all play their part and be involved at stages.

Edited by Gribz

I thought Peralta was a central midfielder...?

I actually find it quite difficult to pick a first XI as it stands as I can't see how McCoist can fit all his new signings into his preferred 4-5-1 (4-2-3-1). Are we moving people on?

Don't understand some of the signings, might be good players but are we going to shoehorn players into wrong positions.

Depends on who is moved on.

Looks like Shiels, Black, Argyriou, Hutton and Naismith could be casualties along with Goian, Cribari & Boca. Others on brink as well?

I thought Peralta was a central midfielder also.

Looks like Shiels, Black, Argyriou, Hutton and Naismith could be casualties along with Goian, Cribari & Boca

That is a fair number of players. After being down to the bare bones last season you'd think there would have to be replacements for those who were regulars.

Hutton and Black had poor performances last season but I wonder if it was because that they'd couldnt play together. All 3 of Black, Hutton and Shiels were disappointments. I thought Black was a promising signing who would stroll Div 3. I rated Hutton when he burst on the seen with Jamie Ness but struggled last season. And again I thought Shiels would provide a bit of sparkle but didnt although unlucky with injuries.

On a sidenote, I am not exactly sure how Spanish second division strugglers could finance Bocanegra's weekly wages.

We sure have to move some people on, Law, Macleod, Black, Shiels, Crawford, and Hutton all vie for CM places, with Templeton and Faure also an option there. Obviously, McCoist could opt for a 3-5-2 formation at home and make it a rather attack minded line-up:

Bell

Hegarty - Cribari - Wallace

Macleod

Little - Black - Shiels/Templeton - McKay/Aird

Clark - McCulloch/Daly

Macleod and Black interchange positions, with either of them and Templeton having the freedom to go forward.

... but can we envisage somesuch?

On a sidenote, I am not exactly sure how Spanish second division strugglers could finance Bocanegra's weekly wages.

We sure have to move some people on, Law, Macleod, Black, Shiels, Crawford, and Hutton all vie for CM places, with Templeton and Faure also an option there. Obviously, McCoist could opt for a 3-5-2 formation at home and make it a rather attack minded line-up:

Bell

Hegarty - Cribari - Wallace

Macleod

Little - Black - Shiels/Templeton - McKay/Aird

Clark - McCulloch/Daly

Macleod and Black interchange positions, with either of them and Templeton having the freedom to go forward.

... but can we envisage somesuch?

Really cant see AM changing his formation. I used to love 3-5-2 but prefer 4-3-3 these days. For 3 at the back it has to be 3 centre halfs, yet Wallace should be one of the first names on the team sheet with 4 at the back.