What's the latest regards TUPE contract rebels McGregor, Naismith, Lafferty etc ?

Are we still going after them for breaking their contracts ?

Wasn't it the case some or all of them had received wages from newco thus they'd effectively TUPE'd over to newco?

Anyone know what's happening?

If I was any of them I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over that one ever coming into force. If we supposedly paid them under 'newco' before they signed a new contract to TUPE then they were not employees of the company so how would the PAYE and National Insurance have been dealt with for said payments made to non-employees? It doesn't add up for me.

If I was any of them I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over that one ever coming into force. If we supposedly paid them under 'newco' before they signed a new contract to TUPE then they were not employees of the company so how would the PAYE and National Insurance have been dealt with for said payments made to non-employees? It doesn't add up for me.

the onus is on the employee to reject the transfer. The employer doesn't need to do anything. All players were sent recorded delivery letters advising them of the transfer from oldco to newco as I recall.

the onus is on the employee to reject the transfer. The employer doesn't need to do anything. All players were sent recorded delivery letters advising them of the transfer from oldco to newco as I recall.

You have to sign a new contract as you are transferring your terms and conditions to a new company. So you have to sign for that company. So regardless of whether they received letters or not,unless they had actually signed a new contract..............

I go back to my first point. If they weren't employees of the new company and we paid them under the 'newco' how were PAYE tax and NI contributions handled?

Guest Nevergreen

A SFA panel decided Rangers had no case and that we could no longer persue the matter, this is what triggered the call from the PFA for Rangers to pay their expenses.

A SFA panel decided Rangers had no case and that we could no longer persue the matter, this is what triggered the call from the PFA for Rangers to pay their expenses.

I think what muddied the waters for me was that after the above 'judgement' was made by the SFA (why do I always feel that 'judgement' and 'SFA' is an oxymoron?) CG appeared on Talksport and gave the impression that the SFA had no jurisdiction to rule on legal employment matters, and that he felt it was still 'open'.

I think the employment law was pretty clear - the players didn't need to transfer unless they wanted too. There were claims that newco hadn't consulted the players about transferring over as was required by employment law, which seems probable, there were other issues where Green and his team took their eye off the ball, and this seems to have been one of them. The issue that the SFA were involved in was related to the players registrations, which is a football matter. I had the impression that the SFA ruling was related to a preliminary issue and the case was still ongoing,but I may be wrong. It was probably just as well that they left, If they'd stayed,I'm not sure there was the money to pay them.

You have to sign a new contract as you are transferring your terms and conditions to a new company. So you have to sign for that company. So regardless of whether they received letters or not,unless they had actually signed a new contract..............

I go back to my first point. If they weren't employees of the new company and we paid them under the 'newco' how were PAYE tax and NI contributions handled?

No you don't. I TUPE'd over at the beginning of last year in my job and signed no new contract

I think the employment law was pretty clear - the players didn't need to transfer unless they wanted too. There were claims that newco hadn't consulted the players about transferring over as was required by employment law, which seems probable, there were other issues where Green and his team took their eye off the ball, and this seems to have been one of them. The issue that the SFA were involved in was related to the players registrations, which is a football matter. I had the impression that the SFA ruling was related to a preliminary issue and the case was still ongoing,but I may be wrong. It was probably just as well that they left, If they'd stayed,I'm not sure there was the money to pay them.

Wrong. The players were sent recorded delivery letters advising them about the newco. What more were they expected to do?

Wrong. The players were sent recorded delivery letters advising them about the newco. What more were they expected to do?

they were sent emails. telling them they had transfered over.

i know several people who were part of this tupe and it was shambolic. no consultation then emails and phonecalls.

i doubt it was any different for the players.