What's the latest regards TUPE contract rebels McGregor, Naismith, Lafferty etc ?

I reckon the players that left were the ones who had viable options elsewhere.

The likes of McCulloch would have had very limited interest and would have struggled to get half their wage elsewhere.

most of the ones that stayed did so for the exact same reason the others left.

money.

Absolutely appalling if Green made no attempt to speak to our key players face to face.

... and we take whose words for that info? Nothing would have stopped these players from waiting and asking about the situation either. Others did the same ... or just waited for the outcome. I do not take either's side here, but it appears that some players could not leave quickly enough ...

... and we take whose words for that info? Nothing would have stopped these players from waiting and asking about the situation either. Others did the same ... or just waited for the outcome. I do not take either's side here, but it appears that some players could not leave quickly enough ...

I agree. I don't believe as a Club we handled the TUPE thing very well at all, and that is what Fraser Wishart, who as the players union rep and someone who generally sticks up for us, has stated. However as you say, when you are about to be offered TUPE it's in your court also. You have a responsibility to play your part.

But i still don't think the Club will have a case against them.

I agree. I don't believe as a Club we handled the TUPE thing very well at all, and that is what Fraser Wishart, who as the players union rep and someone who generally sticks up for us, has stated. However as you say, when you are about to be offered TUPE it's in your court also. You have a responsibility to play your part.

But i still don't think the Club will have a case against them.

But are the club still pursuing these players for breaking their contracts? does anyone know?

But are the club still pursuing these players for breaking their contracts? does anyone know?

I think the problem on this and some other things that were being talked about, is CG leaving.

No one within the Club seems to be communicating with the Support.

Guest alfiebass

Like most folk I've never had any experience of TUPE and in the case of Rangers the info we have has mostly come via the press, the SFA and the PFA, none of whom seem to have any goodwill to wards the Club. What I wonder is if there is a distinction on who you actually sign for, the club or the parent company. My understanding was that a player signed for a club and was registered with the SFA as a player and employee of that club. The club and its assets was purchased by CG, are the players not listed on the books of the club as assets? Under LNS's decision in the SPL investigation he ruled that the club was still the same club but with a different owner. As the contracts were signed with the club and not CG there should have been no problem. Remember when CW bought the club there was no talk of whether players would have to decide to stay or go, so why would this happen under the next owner in this case CG?

Edited by alfiebass