What does Jim Traynor do?

I would like to echo Frankie's words about 'one of the most difficult jobs in football'; actually, I would suspect it is one of THE most difficult jobs.

Under SDM's tenure, he allowed Rangers and Rangers supporters to be unfairly criticised, often it was the path of least resistance to the many usual suspects to fire out another hate-filled piece knowing there would be no consequence as long as you ensured no personal criticism of Murray. Rangers and Rangers supporters slowly but surely became toxic, the ridicule ensued.

SDM recognised the constant toxic flow and he attempted twice to do something, too little too late. He appointed the Daily Record's political editor, Paul Sinclair back in the early 90s, he lasted less than a year. Iain King was up next in the mid-90s, same result. Holding back that river is more than the capabilities of one man or one grouping. I cannot see Traynor lasting.

I am quietly confident the work of the Rangers Standard will achieve a platform for the ensuing occupants to move forward. A book informing the wider Rangers support is so important, it provides a crib sheet for other sympathetic individuals and groupings to chorus from. We are in a place where regularly on BBC Scotland, Cosgrove tells us what we are thinking, unchallenged! Think about that?

If Traynor is setting up a whole new strategy then it's going to take a bit of time. I do wish as a group of fans, we could give time rather than get wound up because we can't see every single thing someone does.

If Traynor is setting up a whole new strategy then it's going to take a bit of time. I do wish as a group of fans, we could give time rather than get wound up because we can't see every single thing someone does.

Sounds sensible to an extent as there is the point that of all jobs a PR one is the most relevant where not only do you need to do your job, it needs to be seen that you're doing your job.

Sounds sensible to an extent as there is the point that of all jobs a PR one is the most relevant where not only do you need to do your job, it needs to be seen that you're doing your job.

There is PR coming out. PR is everything. I get emails most days from Rangers, I see twitter updates constantly, there is the press calls etc. Part of my job is analysing marketing/pr stuff our company do and our Head of PR never freaking stops, it's meetings, it's about perception etc. A new strategy takes time to get right and implement the changes. It's not just in Glagsow/Scotland, it's about the global brand too. It's a huge thing, plus with Traynor's background as a hack, I actually think it is a good thing he is behind the scenes for a while. People have questioned him so much because he joined us. Anything he puts his name on for blogs/articles gets slated so him working behind the scenes is to our advantage. You don't stick the controversial person in front of the mic all the time.