Should the Rangers manager's salary be performance related ?

In my opinion(if true) Ally is getting £750k p.a.

Once we return to the top division however should the manager's salary be performance related ? for example

BASIC: £400K

LEAGUE WINNERS: £300K bonus

SCOTTISH CUP : £200K bonus

LEAGUE CUP : £100K bonus

IN EUROPE

AFTER XMAS : £200K bonus

If we won the treble & we were still in Europe beyond new year he'd get £1.2m p.a.

His coaching staff would be paid this way too.

Anyone think this a better way than simply paying £750k p.a - £1m p.a regardless of how successful the team is?

All of the senior staff at Ibrox should be the subject of a comprehensive performance review each year. There is NO rationale for the absence of performance review, and such mechanisms are commonplace in the public and private sectors, particularly at senior level. However, if such a scheme were to be introduced at rangers, I hope it would not be based upon the figures quoted above!

All of the senior staff at Ibrox should be the subject of a comprehensive performance review each year. There is NO rationale for the absence of performance review, and such mechanisms are commonplace in the public and private sectors, particularly at senior level. However, if such a scheme were to be introduced at rangers, I hope it would not be based upon the figures quoted above!

do you think these figures are too high or too low? my opinion is that the Rangers manager should earn more only if he has a successful season.

do you think these figures are too high or too low? my opinion is that the Rangers manager should earn more only if he has a successful season.

I think the figures are much to high......but I readily accept that my views on players/managers wages is not that held by others. I contend that players and managers are much to highly paid for the job they do when compared to others professions. However, I also acknowledge that the market dictates the terms, and that comparitors are often irrelevant. I have always advocated a 'cap' on player/manager salaries and will continue to do so. Many of the salaries paid in the top leagues are, in my opinion, scandalous and often well beyond what their skills actually merit. If Ally were to earn £250,000 per annum and attract 1/2 the bonuses you have set out, then he would be a very highly paid employee. How many would give their 'eye teeth' to have such a salary?

Agree with JCS and Rab.

All staff (not just the manager) should be on PRP. They all get bonuses for the good stuff, so the opposite should be true for the bad.

Generally speaking football players are paid far too much. We should have used this opportunity to completely revamp our wage structure in that regard but it's unclear if that's happened.

when a workforce is on a bonus system believe me it pulls together and gets results it might be a thing worth looking at and remember when them over the city had a good side in the 60s they were on a very low basic pay and it was boosted by results .

One thing I was taught in a motivation class it that money doesn't really motive people much; however, feeling you're paid less than your worth is massively demotivating.

I think wages are far too high and akin to a pyramid scam; more money in football from the fans just means the same top players get even richer.

But it's difficult to attract players when they can get a better basic wage somewhere else in England or abroad.

For prp to work, it needs the whole of football to adopt it - and I wish they'd bring in rules to that effect.

PS What I'm saying is that I think that there should be PRP, not to make players play better, but to ensure good fiscal control in clubs ie players should be on wages the club can afford even when it does badly. If the club do well then the bonus can come from the extra income that creates and the players share in the windfall.

Wages in football are ludicrously high. The whole of Europe is virtually bankrupt and players are walking away with millions for kicking a ball about. It is totally scandalous.