Ally - Will he or won't he?

Rangers' youngster Robbie Crawford is hoping Ally McCoist continues to give the youngsters a chance this season

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/rangers-youngster-robbie-crawford-ally-1983428?

Ally gave a dozen or so youngsters a chance to make a career for themselves at the club, do you think he'll abandon this idea and favour his signings (like Black last season) confining them to the bench/stand, destroying their confidence and destined to never kick a ball for the first team again?

We need to realise that not all the youngsters who played last season will make it with Rangers. In my opinion only one or two will still be with us when we get back to the top and to be brutally honest I'm not convinced some of the youngsters made the most of their opportunities last season. They'll find it much harder to get into the side next season after the signings Ally has made

Bell

Argyriou

Faure

Wallace

Cribari

Smith

Goian

Bocanegra

Perry

Black

Hutton

Templeton

Shiels

McCulloch

Little

Clark

Law

Peralta

Daly

There's 19 players and not one kid amongst them. It is going to be hard now for the likes of MacLeod, Aird, McKay, Hegarty, Mitchell, Crawford etc etc. Our squad is enormous for this level. That's without mentioning Cole, Naismith, McAusland, A Smith and Scott Gallacher. There are going to be some rich passengers sitting up in that main stand with suits on every second week!

I think players will leave before the end of August. The most notable ones being Goian & Bocanegra. Also following the recent signings I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Perry & Hutton left too as they don't look Rangers class to me.

Some of the youngsters not getting a game going out on loan might not be too bad an idea too. I hear certain SPL sides are short of players after cost-cutting forced them to ditch a number of players at the end of last season. If we loaned out youngsters it would allow us to assess them at a higher level & give a better idea whether they'd make it or not

I think players will leave before the end of August. The most notable ones being Goian & Bocanegra. Also following the recent signings I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Perry & Hutton left too as they don't look Rangers class to me.

Some of the youngsters not getting a game going out on loan might not be too bad an idea too. I hear certain SPL sides are short of players after cost-cutting forced them to ditch a number of players at the end of last season. If we loaned out youngsters it would allow us to assess them at a higher level & give a better idea whether they'd make it or not

There's not one Rangers class player in the entire squad, that said, the two you name are especially mediocre and need to go. We won't see Rangers class again for at least another 3 years or so so we need to get by with the best we can find.

Guest Nevergreen

Have to agree with you RANGERRAB, some of the young guys are going to look back on this year later in their careers and realise what an opportunity they missed.

Some of the youngsters we had on show last season were a joy to watch at times compared to the so called spl drivvel types we had to endure.

The experience gained and with proper coaching these lads are bursting and ready to take the next step up and become improved players.

But sadly it won't happen....one step forward, two steps back I fear.

Have to agree with you RANGERRAB, some of the young guys are going to look back on this year later in their careers and realise what an opportunity they missed.

We were seriously short in MF after losing an entire MF after Davis, Edu etc all left. There was an opportunity if ever there was one for youngsters to come in & take their chance but Ally has now added both Law & Peralta so clearly he think the MF needs strengthened after last season when we totally failed to control MF in too many games. I'd tend to agree with him.