CRO Article :Ally: you can't have everything in the aisle

What has attendances got to do with anything, Monaco are spending more money than Fort Knox on averages of 5000 crowds, what I can tell you is that the club salary figures quoted are premier league clubs while we are/were in case you missed it 4th tier, also QOS romped the 2nd on a budget of £350,000, around half of our managers stipend not including add-ons.

Yes, that is all comparing apples to coconuts et al.

I could cynically ask the same question that was asked before: should we sell and sack all of our players, get the QOS squad, pay them 500k a season and romp to the title with them? What has been done above is looking at the scenario from just one angle and apparently deliberately ignoring what is "required" and "demanded" at Rangers FC ... by US. Citing Monaco or QoS or Blackpool's wage structure, or e.g. Porto's stunning sell-on balance, Barca's talent school is fine, but that is ignroing the reality of modern day Scotland and the reality of what Rangers can deliver right now (sic!) and what we demand of Rangers. And unless I am mistaken, neither of these grand SPL teams look financially healthy, despite their "low" wage bills. And apart from that, how about throwing the Scum in, who ran on ruinous wage bills for these last three seasons too, without any CL etc. money?

IMHO, the strategy done right now is pretty obvious. Build a team for the next two years that not only delivers titles and hopefully some cups, but also a consistent level of attractive (even by our fickle opinions) football. Somesuch will enable the club to become a major brand and product again, a place where people want to spend their money on, despite us being in a lower league. Get the phenomena that is "Rangers Rising" to the next level by making people (e.g. all over the planet) aware of this, try to attach them to our cause.

We'll have to wait and see what the wage bill will be in the half-year accounts to gain a good opinion on whether we can sustain our current course, what the Puma and Blackthorne deals bring to the club et al. While caution is always a good thing, the way it is done right now on here is again oozing negativity more than anything.

QoS get brought up constantly, coz they did romp Div2 with a fraction of our budget. We romped Div3.

The real acid test will be who romps their respective division this season!!! QoS's main goals will be to not get relegated and if possible push for the title....our goal is simple - Win!!! There is not alternative or Plan B.

Building a nice stable team is essential - all our great teams of the past have had stability at their heart. Hopefully that is something we will see McCoist developing.

Yes, that is all comparing apples to coconuts et al.

I could cynically ask the same question that was asked before: should we sell and sack all of our players, get the QOS squad, pay them 500k a season and romp to the title with them? What has been done above is looking at the scenario from just one angle and apparently deliberately ignoring what is "required" and "demanded" at Rangers FC ... by US. Citing Monaco or QoS or Blackpool's wage structure, or e.g. Porto's stunning sell-on balance, Barca's talent school is fine, but that is ignroing the reality of modern day Scotland and the reality of what Rangers can deliver right now (sic!) and what we demand of Rangers. And unless I am mistaken, neither of these grand SPL teams look financially healthy, despite their "low" wage bills. And apart from that, how about throwing the Scum in, who ran on ruinous wage bills for these last three seasons too, without any CL etc. money?

IMHO, the strategy done right now is pretty obvious. Build a team for the next two years that not only delivers titles and hopefully some cups, but also a consistent level of attractive (even by our fickle opinions) football. Somesuch will enable the club to become a major brand and product again, a place where people want to spend their money on, despite us being in a lower league. Get the phenomena that is "Rangers Rising" to the next level by making people (e.g. all over the planet) aware of this, try to attach them to our cause.

We'll have to wait and see what the wage bill will be in the half-year accounts to gain a good opinion on whether we can sustain our current course, what the Puma and Blackthorne deals bring to the club et al. While caution is always a good thing, the way it is done right now on here is again oozing negativity more than anything.

One thing any business that has been in the position we have been in should not be doing is waiting and seeing, a clear and definitive fiscal policy should have been in place and adhered to.

I am always reminded of the age old adage in these circumstances that it is a poor workman who blames his tools, a saying that applies to all businesses and walks of life.

One thing any business that has been in the position we have been in should not be doing is waiting and seeing, a clear and definitive fiscal policy should have been in place and adhered to.

I am always reminded of the age old adage in these circumstances that it is a poor workman who blames his tools, a saying that applies to all businesses and walks of life.

I would assume that the results for the first year of "newco" will be out in the "near future" and tell us what exactly the score is. And the next accounts will tell us how these accounts have changed due to the signings and goings this summer. Thus far, people speculate a lot and while we can't do much about it anyway (just saying), why trying to paint a bleak picture out of conjecture and hearsay? The only thing you do with this is spreading negativity without much substance and that can sure be no good thing?

I'm not saying we should stick our heads in the sand and believe everything is rosy. But we might start to accept (unless proven otherwise) that those in power of our finances right now (I would assume Mather & Stockbridge) are acutely aware what has happened to our club and that spending over our limits is not the way to move forward.

I would assume that the results for the first year of "newco" will be out in the "near future" and tell us what exactly the score is. And the next accounts will tell us how these accounts have changed due to the signings and goings this summer. Thus far, people speculate a lot and while we can't do much about it anyway (just saying), why trying to paint a bleak picture out of conjecture and hearsay? The only thing you do with this is spreading negativity without much substance and that can sure be no good thing?

I'm not saying we should stick our heads in the sand and believe everything is rosy. But we might start to accept (unless proven otherwise) that those in power of our finances right now (I would assume Mather & Stockbridge) are acutely aware what has happened to our club and that spending over our limits is not the way to move forward.

Quite simply spending multi millions in the lower reaches is incompetence, that will be found out soon enough when more and greater money has to be spent on a team for the premier division, our youth policy sacrificed by a cheque book manager.

Quite simply spending multi millions in the lower reaches is incompetence, that will be found out soon enough when more and greater money has to be spent on a team for the premier division, our youth policy sacrificed by a cheque book manager.

Ahem, we've signed quite a few talented players who will improve our squad for at least a couple of years. We've retained those talents that will improve our squad for years to come. We had a bare-bones squad to be content with these last 15 months, and quite a few have thanked those who came to the lowest tier of the Scottish game. Quite easily, we might have ended up with a youth side that might (sic!) have made it to the title as well ... though the way the whole (sic!) team performed since January was abysmal. Do you think that any investor, would-be-buyer et al would come to a club in such a state. Do you expect our supporters flock back to Ibrox to see another 12 months of that dire fare we were treated too since January? A team that will hardly be able to challenge for the three cups on offer again? Perhaps you are correct in assuming that you can assemble a team to win the SPFL 3 for a few hundred thousand pounds. It would sure tick the finance chaps' boxes. I am reasonably sure that it would not tick many others though. Whether Rangers FC can sustain the current squad remains to be seen.

Ahem, we've signed quite a few talented players who will improve our squad for at least a couple of years. We've retained those talents that will improve our squad for years to come. We had a bare-bones squad to be content with these last 15 months, and quite a few have thanked those who came to the lowest tier of the Scottish game. Quite easily, we might have ended up with a youth side that might (sic!) have made it to the title as well ... though the way the whole (sic!) team performed since January was abysmal. Do you think that any investor, would-be-buyer et al would come to a club in such a state. Do you expect our supporters flock back to Ibrox to see another 12 months of that dire fare we were treated too since January? A team that will hardly be able to challenge for the three cups on offer again? Perhaps you are correct in assuming that you can assemble a team to win the SPFL 3 for a few hundred thousand pounds. It would sure tick the finance chaps' boxes. I am reasonably sure that it would not tick many others though. Whether Rangers FC can sustain the current squad remains to be seen.

Your optimism is beyond reproach as to our financial awareness and our managers abilities, I only hope the punt and hunt which we will be subjected to does not dampen your enthusiasm.

Your optimism is beyond reproach as to our financial awareness and our managers abilities, I only hope the punt and hunt which we will be subjected to does not dampen your enthusiasm.

You somewhat misinterprete my posts. All I am dampening is the gloom-and-doom-ering that goes on without any up-to-date-hard facts. I clearly see that people are cautious, as am I. And we have been hit severely by some monetary mismanagement in the past and thus have every reason to be cautious. Yet, we IMHO should not be overly negative either. We have yet to see how our current CEO and financial chaps manage the business ... and when it comes to our manager's ability, the jury is still out. That said, despite what they won over the years, each and every manager of our club these last 20odd years got my fair share of criticism about tactics, signing, line-ups et al. Then again, you will hardly get seasons like those that happened at e.g. Dortmund or Bayern these last three years all the time either. IMHO, this upcoming season will tell us whether McCoist has it to be one of Rangers' better managers (sic!), despite being in the lower leagues. He now has essentially assembled his squad, now he needs to make them gel and play football that befits our club.

You somewhat misinterprete my posts. All I am dampening is the gloom-and-doom-ering that goes on without any up-to-date-hard facts. I clearly see that people are cautious, as am I. And we have been hit severely by some monetary mismanagement in the past and thus have every reason to be cautious. Yet, we IMHO should not be overly negative either. We have yet to see how our current CEO and financial chaps manage the business ... and when it comes to our manager's ability, the jury is still out. That said, despite what they won over the years, each and every manager of our club these last 20odd years got my fair share of criticism about tactics, signing, line-ups et al. Then again, you will hardly get seasons like those that happened at e.g. Dortmund or Bayern these last three years all the time either. IMHO, this upcoming season will tell us whether McCoist has it to be one of Rangers' better managers (sic!), despite being in the lower leagues. He now has essentially assembled his squad, now he needs to make them gel and play football that befits our club.

I think your posts are pretty clear that you think we must wait and see for everything under the sun, as far as McCoist goes his record is an open book I don't think he will ever be a Rangers manager legend or not, let's hope I am wrong we don't have much if any time to waste.