Boca And Goian Gone?

RANGERS last night saved £2million by ripping up the big-money contracts of Carlos Bocanegra and Dorin Goian.

Boss Ally McCoist was desperate to shift Bocanegra and Goian and free up cash to rebuild his squad.

Now SunSport can reveal both players officially severed all ties with Gers after talks yesterday.

Itâ??s understood that ex-USA skipper Bocanegra will sign for Chivas in the MLS while big Romanian Goian is looking to move to England.

Both left Ibrox for loan deals in Europe a year ago after deciding they didnâ??t want to play in the Third Division.

But they were still under contract with lucrative deals

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4989226/Player-exits-save-Gers-2m.html#ixzz2XaMnODb5

For all the moaning about Naismith and Whittaker not transferring their contracts, the curious case of Goian and Bocanegra goes to show you what happens when people do transfer their contracts but no one wants to buy them.

Anyhow, best of luck lads.

For all the moaning about Naismith and Whittaker not transferring their contracts, the curious case of Goian and Bocanegra goes to show you what happens when people do transfer their contracts but no one wants to buy them.

Anyhow, best of luck lads.

I'd say it's more to do with their age and probably form (or lack of it from Goian).

I'm sure if Naismith and Whittaker and others moved over we would've got money for them no problem when they moved on.

But like you said all the best to both of them.

Again, I for one doubt that Santander were able to pay Boca the same money that we offered, but that is just MHO. Essentially, I would assume that for the wages of these two combined, we can afford at least 6 other players (those already there included). Add Alexander to that list and you probably see where the wages bill money is coming from.

Best wishes and good luck to both of them. Boca was a great ambassador for the game and the club.

I'd say it's more to do with their age and probably form (or lack of it from Goian).

I'm sure if Naismith and Whittaker and others moved over we would've got money for them no problem when they moved on.

But like you said all the best to both of them.

We already seen what size of loss we took in the first 7 months of trading under newco, can you imagine how huge that loss would have been had all those players tranfserred over and we hadn't been able to sell them? We would have been back in administration before anyone could say we are the people! It's all very well saying we would or could have sold them but nothing is guaranteed in football.

On this topic, i am glad both are gone. Another two guys on silly money off our wage bill. We move on, they move on, all the best to them.

We already seen what size of loss we took in the first 7 months of trading under newco, can you imagine how huge that loss would have been had all those players tranfserred over and we hadn't been able to sell them? We would have been back in administration before anyone could say we are the people! It's all very well saying we would or could have sold them but nothing is guaranteed in football.

On this topic, i am glad both are gone. Another two guys on silly money off our wage bill. We move on, they move on, all the best to them.

Matter of fact, these players would all have done a Davis or Boca and we would have received quite a lot of money in transfer fees. There is no way that those traitors would have remained in the SFL3.

Matter of fact, these players would all have done a Davis or Boca and we would have received quite a lot of money in transfer fees. There is no way that those traitors would have remained in the SFL3.

Sorry, i don't know what that first bit means means. What is a Davis and Boca? And again, we don't know what would have happened transfer wise. It's all speculation and guess work.

This is what I was getting at. Some players acted in the best interest of the club. most didn't and I hope they are never seen around Ibrox again. I think Craig mentioned it on another post about Greegs' Turkish club getting nearly £2m only a year after he left us. He could've stayed with us and got another club easy as would most of the other players. We would not have been hard to deal with on transfer fees I'm sure. We lost out on Millions by them leaving.