Your all time XI

Oh dear, now you are patronising me after making that clanger.

I can't actually recall Laudrup EVER playing on the right wing for us. Just give up mate.

He might not have started on the right on the teamsheet, but he would often go for a wander across to the other side if he was getting no joy on the left. Basically, Laudrup played where he wanted.

I can't actually recall Laudrup EVER playing on the right wing for us. Just give up mate.

I see no clanger. What I do see is that you refuse to admit that I'm not wrong. I don't have the same problem with you mate.

From Alistair Aird's Laudrup biography...

'Laudrup boasted a fine CV. He could list Brondby, Bayer Uerdingen, Bayern Munich, Fiorentina and AC Milan as previous employers, and he was also part of the Denmark side that stunned European football by winning the European Championships in 1992. When he arrived in Glasgow, though, his career was in dire need of resuscitation after a tortuous spell in Italy when his undoubted talents had been stifled by the defensive formations that most Serie A sides prefer to employ. Astutely noticing that Laudrup had to be free from the shackles that go hand in hand with such tactics, Walter Smith gave the Dane a 'free' role within his team, allowing him to roam freely around the pitch and showcase all of the skills that he possessed in his repertoire. The result was instant and devastating.

On Brian's league debut for Rangers against Motherwell at the start of the 1994/95 season (the photo above is during the game), the scores were tied at 1-1 as the contest entered its dying embers. Motherwell won a corner kick, but the ball was cleared to the edge of the Rangers penalty area and picked up by Laudrup. He proceeded to embark on a thrusting diagonal run from the right that carried him through the heart of the Motherwell defence and to the edge of the Motherwell 18-yard box. He then slipped a perfectly weighted pass into the path of Duncan Ferguson who shot home the winning goal. It was a breathtaking introduction, and proved to be the first of many flashes of individual brilliance during the Dane's four-year stay in Glasgow.'

...and on that note I'm done :nshappy:

Edited by UCF2008

He might not have started on the right on the teamsheet, but he would often go for a wander across to the other side if he was getting no joy on the left. Basically, Laudrup played where he wanted.

And he started off playing on the left wing. Every. fucking. game. Jesus christ. Spent most of the match destroying people wide left as well.

Mate you need to go and watch 1 of Laudrups best ever goals and 1 of his best ever assists. Goal - v Aberdeen at Ibrox 1996-7 when he took the ball from right side and cut in skinning 4 players and the keeper. Assist - on his debut v Motherwell in 1994 he picked the ball up in own half (again right side) slid past 4 players and put Duncan Ferguson in to get the winner.

He was a free role player and could be put left / right / central in any Rangers team.

Epic_Facepalm.jpg

That's a shocking post. You are missing the point and dismissing other peoples opinions. You don't have the fact, you only have your opinion which is respected but not agreed with. Get over it son.