Your all time XI

Goram

Stevens Butcher Gough Numan

McCall Gazza Souness

R.DeBoer McCoist Laudrup

The goalie is easy.

Numan was in the top 2 left backs in the world when we signed him, and it was easy to see why. Stevens was mr consistency and just gets my vote ahead of Hutton was wasn't as good defensively. Butcher and Gough were easy picks, although we have had a lot of great players like Berg, F.DeBoer, Weir who wouldn't let you down either.

After that I had Laudrup, McCoist, Gazza and Ronald De Boer as instant picks. Although rdb wasn't with us long and his best years were behind him, what an outstanding player he was. He had everything and could read the game better than everyone. Gazza on his day was sublime. McCoist was simply the best finisher I have ever seen. Laudrup is the best Rangers player I have ever seen, bar none.

The final 2 spots in midfield were more difficult. Albertz, B.Ferguson, Wilkins were all great players in their time but I went for Stuart McCall as he as a al favourite of mine and would do all the are work to let my quality players do their stuff. That's why I went for only 3 in midfield as with McCall done the work of two players!

My final pick went to Souness. Again past his best by the time he came to us, but still a remarkable player. Not just an enforcer, he had great vision and always seemed to have time on the ball.

I have probably forgotten a few gems in the 27 years I have been watching the team every week, but I would certainly be confident of beating anyone with that team running out at Ibrox.

Bang on there squire! Pretty much my thoughts. I had to get De Boer. Same as Albertz and Robertson....yet McCall and Numan would have been straight in. Love your McCall comments, my sentiments exactly. Absolute unsung hero.

That's actually a very good shout, bud. McCall would be close to my first choice if I was putting together the best Rangers 'team' - rather than just the best XI.

A bit like Scholes at ManUtd, the whole was much greater than the sum of the parts with McCall. He's possibly the most underrated Rangers player ever.

Curious, though, that you think Hutton and Stevens were that close. The only competition I could see for Stevens at RB would have been Sandy Jardine. With Hutton, he'd beat anyone to the by line, but then would be as likely to put the ball into the stands as into the box.

Hutton was slightly better going forward than Stevens but his real quality was that he could cut in rather than just try to hit the bye line, and he got a good few goals per season. Ultimately Stevens was a much better defender and that is more important in that role. Jardine before my time (for Rangers, I do remember him playing for Hearts) I'm afraid.

That's actually a very good shout, bud. McCall would be close to my first choice if I was putting together the best Rangers 'team' - rather than just the best XI.

A bit like Scholes at ManUtd, the whole was much greater than the sum of the parts with McCall. He's possibly the most underrated Rangers player ever.

Curious, though, that you think Hutton and Stevens were that close. The only competition I could see for Stevens at RB would have been Sandy Jardine. With Hutton, he'd beat anyone to the by line, but then would be as likely to put the ball into the stands as into the box.

Spot on about Stuart McCall. So under-rated. I thought he should have been made captain for the 10IAR season when Gough went off to America. Couldn't understand why Advocaat didn't try and keep him as he had another 2 or 3 seasons left in him.

Yes mate early 30s :thup:

Im with you RE Stevens and Butcher, I was bit young to appreciate them but I still know they are class in their positions - Butcher especially. Imagine Rangers signing John Terry today. It would be like that. Right back is the position where we haven't had outstanding candidates. Hutton on his day was close to it and Porrini did well filling in, but I always recall Stevens whipping in crosses and getting down the wing.

Davie Robertson was immense for me. If it wasn't that we got a class act in Numan to replace him then we'd still be talking about him. One of the most under rated Scottish players ever. Plus he went to same school as me so Id have him in. Numan was top notch all the same.

As said, players that you have seen! I wasn't born when Greig and Baxter played nor Stein. Feel free to have them in your team...that's what its all about.

Soon we'll have youngsters on here posting there best team as the following....nothing wrong with it but its a generation thing.

________McGregor___________

Hutton Cuellar Bougherra Wallace

Naismith Ferguson Hemdani Novo

_______Prso Aluko___________

Thinking on it more and the right back slot would probably be the weakest in my time watching Rangers. My memories really start around 92 (turned 7 years old at the start of that year) and due to age my memories are mostly of the likes of McCoist and Hateley scoring. Remembering a solid right back at that age wouldn't be high on your priorities. As such it is probably between Porini and Hutton for me and I think I would go for a peak Hutton.

In any other position there is at least one stand out, near world class player:

Goram

Hutton Gough Weir/Cuellar Numan

Gazza Ferguson Van Bronckhorst

Laudrup (Free role)

McCoist Mols

Up for change are Gough's centre back partner. Left of the midfield. Midifeld may even change to an orthodox 4. And Ally's strike partner.

Rest are pretty certain for me though.

Thinking on it more and the right back slot would probably be the weakest in my time watching Rangers. My memories really start around 92 (turned 7 years old at the start of that year) and due to age my memories are mostly of the likes of McCoist and Hateley scoring. Remembering a solid right back at that age wouldn't be high on your priorities. As such it is probably between Porini and Hutton for me and I think I would go for a peak Hutton.

In any other position there is at least one stand out, near world class player:

Goram

Hutton Gough Weir/Cuellar Numan

Gazza Ferguson Van Bronckhorst

Laudrup (Free role)

McCoist Mols

Up for change are Gough's centre back partner. Left of the midfield. Midifeld may even change to an orthodox 4. And Ally's strike partner.

Rest are pretty certain for me though.

7 in 1992? Ok Your a wee bit younger...I was 13.

I like your Hutton slot, but didn't do it enough to be a Rangers legend IMO.

7 in 1992? Ok Your a wee bit younger...I was 13.

I like your Hutton slot, but didn't do it enough to be a Rangers legend IMO.

Agreed overall on Hutton. But from early 90s onwards there isn't a stand out player at right back in the same way there has been in goal, at CB or upfront for example. Most positions there is a number of strong candidates, but right backs are scarce.