Who ?

Guest Chelios

Having listened to him during the lunch break of the cricket, I wouldn't mind seeing Gary Neville and/or his younger brother in place.

But you're really looking at a desperate, older out of work manager who would be willing to overlook the destabilising guff from above. A bit like Hearts.

Ooh, that's uncanny. I was listening to that and thinking the exact same thing. He really came over well. Joe Hart did too the day before.

I still cling to the belief that Ally is going to turn it round. It flies in the face of all evidence I accept that.

Anyway, what's that Ferguson bloke who played up front for us in the late 60s up to these days...

Guest SteveJ

I would plump for Billy Davies, with his brother in law (John Spencer) as his assistant. I believe John is a free agent but Billy would cost.

Ooh, that's uncanny. I was listening to that and thinking the exact same thing. He really came over well. Joe Hart did too the day before.

I still cling to the belief that Ally is going to turn it round. It flies in the face of all evidence I accept that.

Anyway, what's that Ferguson bloke who played up front for us in the late 60s up to these days...

Sorry mate, but you can only staunchly back someone in the face of results (and maybe even more importantly, performances) for so long. Final straw on Saturday, coming after repeated displays last year seemingly calculated to drive people away from football. I can handle the odd bad result but we don't seem to be able to coach any level of passing football into our team.

These players on Saturday are either pros like McCulloch or kids who have come through the ranks. Either way their level of ability is just shocking - it's really unacceptable. I appreciate the circumstances but the coaching staff - all of them - have had just over a year now to get the likes of Robbie Crawford or Ross Perry going and I haven't seen any sign of it. Swansea fans must drool, wondering what their next gen of players will provide. We are so far away from that its unreal, and its the coaching staff who have to take the rap. Don't forget they were in situ for a while before Whyte and armegeddon so they've had a few years and our football is absolutely rank rotten.

There's no chance of me booing or holding up a sign at Ibrox. But there's no sign of any sort of improvement outside of the old 'buy other teams' good players' routine and we need to be doing it the Swansea way. There's no alternative.

It won't be up until Monday but I'd urge anyone who thinks they are passionate about football to listen to the 'Test Match Special' lunch break podcast with Neville if they have a spare 20 minutes. He sounded just like the kind of person Rangers fans would really get behind, and the kind of person who would 'get' the pressure of OF management and deal with it, in a way that the current two incumbents haven't really.

Edited by andy steel

Sorry mate, but you can only staunchly back someone in the face of results (and maybe even more importantly, performances) for so long. Final straw on Saturday, coming after repeated displays last year seemingly calculated to drive people away from football. I can handle the odd bad result but we don't seem to be able to coach and level of passing football into our team.

These players on Saturday are either pros like McCulloch or kids who have come through the ranks. Either way their level of ability is just shocking - it's really unacceptable. I appreciate the circumstances but the coaching staff - all of them - have had just over a year now to get the likes of Robbie Crawford or Ross Perry going and I haven't seen any sign of it. Swansea fans must drool, wondering what their next gen of players will provide. We are so far away from that its unreal, and its the coaching staff who have to take the rap. Don't forget they were in situ for a while before Whyte and armegeddon so they've had a few years and our football is absolutely rank rotten.

There's no chance of me booing or holding up a sign at Ibrox. But there's no sign of any sort of improvement outside of the old 'buy other teams' good players' routine and we need to be doing it the Swansea way. There's no alternative.

It won't be up until Monday but I'd urge anyone who thinks they are passionate about football to listen to the 'Test Match Special' lunch break podcast with Neville if they have a spare 20 minutes. He sounded just like the kind of person Rangers fans would really get behind, and the kind of person who would 'get' the pressure of OF management and deal with it, in a way that the current two incumbents haven't really.

I'm not staunchly backing more quietly praying. No defence can be mounted now though, it does seem only a matter of time.

With Swansea though it isn't down to the manager it's the whole ethos of the club. They've had 4 or 5 managers who've all improved them and moved on to 'better things', yet the club keeps advancing. That comes from the boardroom, not the dugout.

I meant I could only staunchly back Ally for so long. & I feel terrible and treacherous publicly posting things like this but might as well be honest.

This is no time for honesty. Say nothing, you'll feel better.

listened to gary johnston tonight about how hard it was at yeovil with a budget of 1.6 million for players in the championship. he was talking about players playing the yeovil way. running for 90 mins, pressing high up, passing the ball well, moving when others have the ball.

says he does it home and away and wont change just because hes way behind the competition money wise.

it was refreshing to hear.

Is Gus Poyet still unemployed? IF there was to be a change, he might be worth a look at. Seems to be held in high regard down south.

He's held in very high regard down south and that's the problem. He'll have no shortage of potential job offers and it's questionable whether such a respected manager would touch us with a bargepole just now. Having said that, even with our league status as a 3rd tier club and all the chaos at the club just now, I'm sure the manager job at Ibrox as still a very attractive proposition, even to top managers. The main problem with attracting a top manager might actually end up being money in all honesty because we could be doing with cutting costs, not raising them.

Anyway, your suggestion of Gus Poyet is the sort of change fans would welcome with open arms, but I'm sure I won't be the only one who's unhappy if Ally was replaced by Jimmy Calderwood.