Joint Statement - Supporter Groups

There is a firm commitment which has been discussed and the RST board is happy to take that at face value on behalf of the membership but there can be no timetable at this stage, not least because there is an imminent EGM, interim accounts to be published and a fluctuating shareholding.

In terms of concessions we have negotiated a significant concession for the membership - a commitment to fan ownership / representation. That's a step in the right direction for the membership albeit I do recognise that the fan ownership model is not everyone's favoured one.

So you have a verbal commitment and no timetable. And, I am guessing that you have not actually spoken to him in the last month as you didn't answer that one.

Send me your address and I will send you a free copy of Negotiating for Dummies.

Seriously, I am very supportive of what you are trying to do but you are tactically incredibly naive.

So you have a verbal commitment and no timetable. And, I am guessing that you have not actually spoken to him in the last month as you didn't answer that one.

Send me your address and I will send you a free copy of Negotiating for Dummies.

Seriously, I am very supportive of what you are trying to do but you are tactically incredibly naive.

Community Share Admin. Office: PO Box 17423, Edinburgh EH12 1HR

Perhaps if you can contribute and you support fan ownership I could convince you to join and apply for board membership, you can download an application form here http://www.therst.co.uk/notice-of-rst-agm/

I am generally a supporter of the RST.

But I find this tendency that the support has - including the RST - to throw their unconditional backing behind whoever the latest 'saviour' is to be rather disconcerting.

I seem to recall their then interim spokesperson, Kenny Park, stating that Whyte was the "real deal" and calling on supporters to back him too.

Whoever is our preferred choice to back is it even worthwhile "getting round the table" to listen to their vision for the future?

At the end of the day, SDM bluffed us for a period, Whyte bluffed us all and along came Green and pretty much done the same ................. the vast majority of our support would back anyone who sat across from us and said you are the best fans in the world I'll do whatever you want.

I seem to recall their then interim spokesperson, Kenny Park, stating that Whyte was the "real deal" and calling on supporters to back him too.

Kenny's a good lad and, to be fair, I'm sure many of us* believed (or wanted to believe) in what Whyte was saying.

* PS: Not including Forlanssister before he posts... :whistle: