The fact that Green returned on August 2nd when the Requisition Notice from McColl & co was served on August 1st speaks volumes about the real reasoning behind his return. God knows how he planned on getting himself back onto the board though.

One thing's for sure; the sooner we get rid of these chancers & leeches, the better. That boardroom needs cleared out completely and replaced by competent people with no connection to Green, Zeus or any of their cronies.

It's like an episode of Eastenders these days. All most of us want is to concentrate on the football.

The club's custodians and those administrators last year have turned it into a dog & pony show, but hopefully the only way is up from here and we can get back to the top and business as usual as soon as possible.

Guest Dummiesoot

TWB you are correct we want to concentrate on football... you know what when we get back we as a support will never take anything for granted again and we should savour every cup triumph and league win more than we ever had before.

The article is poor journalism at best.

From today's edition.

There's another side article from Tom Farmery if I can't find it online I'll scan and post it.

Rangers confirm Imran Ahmad share sale

Ahmad was one of the key figures in Green’s consortium in his purchase of Rangers last year

Mark Walker

Last updated at 12:01AM, August 22 2013

Imran Ahmad, the former Rangers director and key ally of the former chief executive, Charles Green, has sold his shares in the Ibrox club as the prospect of an Extraordinary General Meeting to decide the future of the board looms closer.

Green, the Yorkshire businessman, had his paid consultant role terminated this week after a board meeting and that triggered another day of drama at the Scottish League One club on Tuesday, which ended with a plea of unity and compromise by the present board.

But it seems certain that will not be enough to prevent the messy affair reaching its conclusion next month in the form of an EGM, which was requisitioned by angry shareholders, backed by Jim McColl, the billionaire, seeking the removal from the board of Craig Mather, the chief executive, Brian Stockbridge, the finance director, and Bryan Smart, the non-executive director, and their replacement by Paul Murray, the former Rangers director, and Frank Blin, the former executive chairman of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Ahmad’s departure, which was announced as Rangers released a statement to the London Stock Exchange saying he “no longer has a notifiable interest in the company’s issued share capital” — will be mourned by few of the club’s supporters. He was one of the key figures in Green’s consortium in his purchase of Rangers last year, but he left the club in April after he was alleged to have made critical remarks on a fans’ forum.

Since then, Ahmad has launched a £3.4 million legal action against the club for bonuses he says he is owed after he claimed he had personally delivered £67 million of contracts to the club. He argued: “It’s true the club does owe me money. Charles Green has agreed to tell the truth if it goes to court. I am due a 5 per cent bonus on all the commercial deals I negotiated on behalf of club. I am hardly going to turn my back on a bonus which is due to me when I’ve directly negotiated £67 million worth of contracts which benefit the club over the next five to ten years.”

Rangers vowed to fight the claims with Stockbridge stating: “We are aware of this but it is without legal merit and any action will be robustly defended on behalf of the club and its fans.”

Ahmad also played a role in Green’s downfall, albeit in a manner that was most certainly not his doing. In an interview, the outspoken then-chief executive was quoted as saying, “You know, Imran will come into the office regularly and I’ll say, ‘How’s my Paki friend?’ ” That led to an SFA fine of £2,500 after he was found guilty by a judicial panel of making “offensive and racist” comments and failing to act in the best interests of football.

While Green’s official connection with Rangers has been cut, the former chief executive remains the biggest individual shareholder in the club with a stake of 7.7 per cent, which he has promised to Sandy Easdale, the Inverclyde businessman, who said on Tuesday he would consider his options.

The board’s statement revealed they would consider working with Blin, but made no mention of Murray.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/scotland/article3849604.ece