Newcastle - Chelsea

Newcastle impress Chelsea progress.

A brilliant shot from Martins hit the bar and imo crossed the line but was not given. The one and only Drogba scored with a brilliant shot from a freekick bending it to the far post. Newcastle were better over the 90 in a poor game but Chelsea got the goal as happens so often.

I think the referee and linesman were correct not to allow Martins shot/goal. The whole ball wasn't over the line, about 7/8ths of it was though.

Chelsea were poor, Newcastle were OK and Given should've saved Drogba's goal.

I think the referee and linesman were correct not to allow Martins shot/goal. The whole ball wasn't over the line, about 7/8ths of it was though.

Chelsea were poor, Newcastle were OK and Given should've saved Drogba's goal.

Was hard to see because of the wall

Can't take anything away from Drogba , it was a class goal

Of course you can take something away from him, the GK should've saved it easy.

He was at full stretch but he was a little far off his line. If he was on his line he would have saved it.

He was at full stretch but he was a little far off his line. If he was on his line he would have saved it.

Given got his full hand to it but I think he had poofters disease (floppy wrist) when the ball struck his hand.

Roeder near looked in tears in the after match interview and said he blamed the ref for letting Chelsea steal 4yds and that because of that the shot was unstoppable

It was a severe blow and i think he is another manager walking on quick sand.