Rowan Vine cited over Neil Lennon Twitter comments

Hibernian forward Rowan Vine faces disciplinary action after remarks directed at Celtic boss Neil Lennon .

Scottish FA compliance officer Vincent Lunny says Vine made "offensive comments on Twitter suggesting the use of violence".

The incident took place following a 1-1 draw between Hibs and Celtic.

Vine has until 15 November to respond to the notice of complaint and a principal hearing date has been set for 28 November.

Lennon, who said he was "not surprised" that Vine had been cited for his comments, had criticised Hibs' defending as "shocking" and "reckless" in the draw at Easter Road.

Responding on Twitter, Vine said: "I hardly touched the boy and there were no 'reckless' tackles in the game.

"Might get me mate Alan Shearer to send him another size 9 Umbro Speciali in the dish if he don't pipe down."

Vine went on to admit that he had never met the former England captain, nor Lennon, personally despite his reference to an incident during a Newcastle-Leicester match.

Responding to a tweet from Lennon asking "did I read that right?", Vine replied: "Was light-hearted, just thought your comment was poor, thought it was a good physical game.

"Apologies obviously if you've taken offence."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24870112

Ah, the ever-watchful Lunny. How lucky we are in Scottish football to have this dedicated fellow, watching here, listening there, scanning the airwaves, tracking cyberspace, tireless, dauntless and unrelentingly indefatigable in his protection of the green. Unless it's hibbee green, of course.

Scottish football doesn't care mate and they certainly don't care that we don't like him, in fact that may make him more popular.

I thinks might just be changing. A couple of examples have occurred this season which have gone against Celt*c's opponents were DundeeHibs getting beat earlier this season when Stokes took a blatant dive for a freekick from which he scored the winner. Lunny did nothing. DundeeHibs were rightly unhappy. Now there's this Rowan Vine nonsense. Why has it taken Lunny so long to make this decision ? Was it because Liewell was in China ? HIVS can't be happy with this surely?

Slowly but surely the rest of Scottish football must realise it's being run by corrupt dhims. We can only hope..........

I thinks might just be changing. A couple of examples have occurred this season which have gone against Celt*c's opponents were DundeeHibs getting beat earlier this season when Stokes took a blatant dive for a freekick from which he scored the winner. Lunny did nothing. DundeeHibs were rightly unhappy. Now there's this Rowan Vine nonsense. Why has it taken Lunny so long to make this decision ? Was it because Liewell was in China ? HIVS can't be happy with this surely?

Slowly but surely the rest of Scottish football must realise it's being run by corrupt dhims. We can only hope..........

Of course you have the problem of scottish teams lying in bed with the BHEASTS with regards to how we were treated!

Of course you have the problem of scottish teams lying in bed with the BHEASTS with regards to how we were treated!

I think they voted along with the Bheasts to vote us out the SPL because at the time they were deliberately given false & misleading information such as we were in over £100m in debt, cheated by paying players we couldn't afford etc.The only major debt we had in the end was the tax/NI whyte never paid.They voted accordingly but would they vote differently now?

Once the real story comes out about who got HMRC to pursue a fictitious debt & who in LBG forced SDM to sell to Whyte then Scottish football will have a real story on its hands.