Just me that thinks Ian's name doesn't belong anywhere such an article?

I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but that was an uncomfortable comparison in my book.

I can see where you're coming from, but have to admit to not having heard the beeb's Sportsound show D'Art mentions. I presumed the point being made was that instead of dedicating the program to Ian Redford and showing some respect by inviting along some former teammates to talk about him, the beeb instead invited along Britney & co to talk shite about the Gers.

I can see where you're coming from, but have to admit to not having heard the beeb's Sportsound show D'Art mentions. I presumed the point being made was that instead of dedicating the program to Ian Redford and showing some respect by inviting along some former teammates to talk about him, the beeb instead invited along Britney & co to talk shite about the Gers.

Aye, I didn't mean it as a dig at D'art. Maybe he let his anger about it cloud his judgement a tad. I'm sure it wasn't intentional. The part about Ian would have been a nice little anecdote in his thread.

Aye, I didn't mean it as a dig at D'art. Maybe he let his anger about it cloud his judgement a tad. I'm sure it wasn't intentional. The part about Ian would have been a nice little anecdote in his thread.

Perhaps you are right Tin Man. Quite a few of us left Ibrox on Saturday feeling particularly emotional - we discussed it on the bus afterwards - Ian's minute silence then Fernando at half time - I dont think any of us claimed not to have a lump in the throat or tear in the eye. Then you get home to find, despite warnings to the contrary, while we were all going through this BBC Scotland are having another cheap dig.

But I felt it was relevant when I wrote the article. Too often this nonsense revolves around trophy hauls - well it does for those who covet ours.

They omit, of course, to mention that we take on board all of it - even our grief at expressing the loss for one of our players from yesteryear.