Why PLG has dug his own grave

Guest Mikey_RFC1

Guest Mikey_RFC1

New on here guys so first of all hello.

Lets get one thing straight - yesterdays news didnt come as a 100% shock, we didnt expect it but we knew something was going on with fergie behind the scenes. I am of the opinion that fergie has been our best player this season - some of you may disagree but I dont think anyone can claim that he is a hinderence to our team.

So then PLG drops him. Takes the armband away and could have transfer listed him.

Bad move PLG.

Not only were we starting to turn against you based on results you now take away our local hero and best player we have. Either we finish second now by a large margin or you can shut the door tight on your way out.

My patience is running out "Le Gaffer" - We NEED Barry Ferguson and you will soon realise that. And putting Gavin "first touch like an elephant" Rae as captain is beyond a joke.

Welcome Mikey.

I suppose we'll have to wait to get the exact details of what has actually got us to this shambolic point. No matter what, it has to be sorted out and Fergie needs to be back playing and as captain.

Good first post mate. Totally agree. :thup:

Welcome aboard Mikey,

Firstly we have to wait and see how the team perform without Ferguson and wait for the truth before we judge Le Guens decision.

There are Gers fans who are critical with Ferguson (Ive been 1 of them) but i have seen an improvement in his performances in the last 2 months. However the team hasnt turned any corners. They simply picked up a few results that we HAD to get then dropped again against Caley and St Mirren (2 teams who werent near the top division a short few yrs back).

This move isnt a shock but it may turn out to be a blessing. It might also turn out to be Le Guens downfall but its all a waiting game now.

I really hope the fans get behind Le Guen today.

If we have ANOTHER dodgy performance and result today and the fans really get on PLGs back. It would be interesting to find out what PLGs train of thought would be.

Would it be 'Fuck this, I'm not putting up with this crap. I'm off?

Or would it be 'I've come here to do a job. So I'm gonna stay and do it?

Oh to be a mind reader.

Some times its not about the individual talent in a team, but the blend of players, often less-talented ones, which decides how well a team plays. Depending who comes in today and over the next few weeks instead of Fergie, the team might play better than when he's in it. Then again it might not.

This looks like the last throw of the dice by PLG. If it goes wrong, I don't think he will have a future here, simple as that. Regardless of what you think of him, he's really putting his job on the line at the moment and I kind of admire his balls for doing that. This is assuming that PLG has good reasons for taking the captaincy from him in the first place obviously.

We really need to get behind him and the team today, but there will be chants for Fergie from the off.