Owen Coyle: Rangers shouldn't be second favourites to lift Scottish Cup this season..

There's a weird mix between "we can't possibly compete with the invincibles of Aberdeen" and "there is no excuse for not winning the cup with ease".

The truth is firmly in the middle.

I don't see anyone saying Aberdeen are the invincibles. The truth of the matter is they are the most improved side in Scotland - by far. They have adopted a style of play that can hurt the best teams when they are up for it. We showed last season against ICT (0-3) that we didn't know how to handle those tactics, and I'm not sure we have improved sufficiently since in defence. They ripped the best defence in the country to shreds yesterday.

That's all people are saying - the "invincibles" bit is a bit of poetic license you have chosen to indulge in.

I don't see anyone saying Aberdeen are the invincibles. The truth of the matter is they are the most improved side in Scotland - by far. They have adopted a style of play that can hurt the best teams when they are up for it. We showed last season against ICT (0-3) that we didn't know how to handle those tactics, and I'm not sure we have improved sufficiently since in defence. They ripped the best defence in the country to shreds yesterday.

That's all people are saying - the "invincibles" bit is a bit of poetic license you have chosen to indulge in.

We must be up there mate, no? :D

I'm well aware I exaggerated for comedic effect. Most internet users do.

Most improved just states they are better than they were before. Not what standard they came from or where they are at now. It is also arguable they are most improved. Not a "truth".

People are definitely getting carried away with how good they are. On their day it would be a tough game. Why it is taken for granted they would play their best against us I do not know. There are no guarantees in football. Ask Hearts or Alloa. Perhaps we should ask Paul Hartley (whose Alloa lost 8 on the bounce in the league below Aberdeen) or Gary Locke how to combat this mighty footballing force.

We showed last season we can beat the best the SPL has to offer (Motherwell 3-0). Why the doom merchants focus only on the defeats I do not know.

I almost want to get Aberdeen now. If they're Scotland Real Madrid it will be a privilege to see them at Ibrox. :P

I'm well aware I exaggerated for comedic effect. Most internet users do.

If they're Scotland Real Madrid it will be a privilege to see them at Ibrox. :P

I think you will find that most internet users don't. You obviously think that your points get across better when finished off with your 'side splitters' so as I'm no match I will leave you to it. "Scotland' Real Madrid" - this 'exaggeration for comedic effect' thing - don't give up the day job mate.

I think you will find that most internet users don't. You obviously think that your points get across better when finished off with your 'side splitters' so as I'm no match I will leave you to it. "Scotland' Real Madrid" - this 'exaggeration for comedic effect' thing - don't give up the day job mate.

Not many people get paid for posting on forums. :confused:

Good luck with the bypass btw.

Hope you're never caught exaggerating to make your point. ;-)

"The truth of the matter is they are the most improved side in Scotland - by far".

"They ripped the best defence in the country to shreds yesterday".

Not many people get paid for posting on forums. :confused:

Good luck with the bypass btw.

Hope you're never caught exaggerating to make your point. ;-)

"The truth of the matter is they are the most improved side in Scotland - by far".

"They ripped the best defence in the country to shreds yesterday".

Oh the nails are out now! :o:laugh: