At the end of this season......

Guest Bluetooth

I remember many posts last year saying we would be willing to lose the league a few years if we brought in youth players. Le Guen has brought the average age to 22 and he is being slagged off. We can't have our cake and eat it.

Well IMO, it would be wrong to get rid of the manager at this stage as i think every manager needs time to build a team, the way this season is going does cast doubts about him, but you really have to give the guy time as i don't know any miracle workers.The question is how long do you give, what makes anybody think he will not get it right?.I'm a Fergie fan, but i don't know the truth about what happened, but IMO PLG is showing a lot of balls or he is stupid.The way we are just now i hope he's showing balls and is determined to sort us out.

Well IMO, it would be wrong to get rid of the manager at this stage as i think every manager needs time to build a team, the way this season is going does cast doubts about him, but you really have to give the guy time as i don't know any miracle workers.The question is how long do you give, what makes anybody think he will not get it right?.I'm a Fergie fan, but i don't know the truth about what happened, but IMO PLG is showing a lot of balls or he is stupid.The way we are just now i hope he's showing balls and is determined to sort us out.

Totally agree Ian. It takes time to sort out problems, especially if there are a few snakes in the grass( i am not saying that is the case). We need to give le Guen at least next season, but remember Alex Ferguson was almost sacked and it took him many years to sort things out.

I remember many posts last year saying we would be willing to lose the league a few years if we brought in youth players. Le Guen has brought the average age to 22 and he is being slagged off. We can't have our cake and eat it.

Quite a good point Pete, and it may also be that all the new signings take a full season to get used to the SPL.

eck took a failing team and took them to 2 cup wins in his first 6 months in charge and improved their fortunes in the league - all with what must either be the same amount or less money than PLG.

Not really true. Eck inherited a much more expensive and talented team built by Advocaat. PLG inherited Eck's team...

How much is our present first team squad worth anyway?

Klos - 0

Letizi - 0

MacGregor - 1M?

Hutton - 300k?

Rod - 100k?

Svensson - 500k?

Hemdani - 500k?

Papac - 500k?

Smith - �£1.5M?

Murray - 500k?

Burke - 500k? (end of contract)

Sionko - 500k?

Novo - 300k?

Barry - 3M?

Clement - �£1.5M?

Adam - 700k?

Rae - 100k?

N'Diaye - 0

Buffel - 1.2M?

Prso - 0

Boyd - 1.5M?

Sebo - 1M???

That's about 15M and I think I'm being generous, they probably cost us about 21M.

We should really be spending about 5M a year on players with fees that don't just disappear and with players coming through the youth system along with some gaining in value to balance out depreciation, so our squad should be worth more than 25M.