Should FIFA take the World Cup out of Brazil?

Guest DonegalBear

It sounds like a dream world cup to play it in the most successful country on the planet but like SC says they should have been ready. But FIFA should have stepped in 2 years ago. The host nation should be ready for the tournament 18 months before it starts so they could have a plan B in place. If they switch it now where would it go and how could you prepare in 3 months.

The issues with stadia not being ready, stadia having structure accidents and worker deaths plus the mass rioting means it has to be in doubt.

I am in agreement with the people of Brazil though. To build new hospitals for FIFA delegates, players and staff is disgusting when this should be on offer to their own people first. Some might say they will get the benefits after the tournament but a) the fact they built them for fat cats before the people isn't right and b) Brazil has a population of near 200 million therefore only a fraction of people will benefit.

Where would they move it to though? I would say the best option would have to be USA.

There would be more riots if they moved it!

personally, I'm enjoying the fact that is looks like it might fall round the ears of the corrupt tossers in charge at FIFA.

If they did have to move it, the only two countries that could really manage it at such short notice would be England and Germany. The Germans have just had it, so that would leave England and I don't think the English are too favourably disposed towards FIFA.

As things stand six out of the twelve stadia still aren't complete yet. Three are due to be completed this month and two next month and the São Paola Corinthian stadium where the opening game between Brazil and Croatia takes place on June12 isn't due to be completed until April(it was the one where the steelwork collapsed killing 2 workers last year).

Strange thing is FIFA state the stadia should be ready 2 years prior to the World Cup. Wonder how Brazil got round this?

Edited by RANGERRAB

• 3 weeks later...