If Barry Goes What Would Be His Transfer Fee

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

This just smacks of bullshit to me.

PLG leaving conveniently at the same time as this all breaks loose - I can't help but feel (and yes this IS conjecture) that Barry Ferguson has played a large part in PLG leaving. Slate me if you like but it sends out all the wrong signals.

Looking forward to the 2 Jimmy's taking over...... :rolleyes:

Get the same feeling re: BF influencing this decision. I wonder if he gets to decide on the new manager too....

I think the fans' protest played a big part too though.

I saw last night that they were outside the bus at Motherwell chanting for Barry's return, that must have been a very uncomfortable situation for PLG who was only trying to get the message across that he was in charge and not Barry.

Get the same feeling re: BF influencing this decision. I wonder if he gets to decide on the new manager too....

I think the fans' protest played a big part too though.

I saw last night that they were outside the bus at Motherwell chanting for Barry's return, that must have been a very uncomfortable situation for PLG who was only trying to get the message across that he was in charge and not Barry.

Right... but PLG also said he KNEW he would get that type of reaction as Barry was so popular so he knew what he was going to face.

We will no doubt get the "he was working his ticket" brigade - maybe he was, who knows ?

Timing is as poor as it could be though - and if he HAS been trying to get out since September (as has been suggested) then that, at least to me, is more of an indication as to the sorry state our club is in than PLG's mindset !

Come now guys - I know you are in a disticnt anti-BF stance right now.... but we all know he is worth a fair chunk of change.

This thread though now looks like a moot point.

Funny how quickly Derek Ferguson comes out with his "Barry will stay" comments after PLG has gone.

The fall-out and PLG leaving - 2 mutually exclusive incidents ? I don't think so (I am a conspiracist at heart....)

Come now guys - I know you are in a disticnt anti-BF stance right now.... but we all know he is worth a fair chunk of change.

This thread though now looks like a moot point.

Funny how quickly Derek Ferguson comes out with his "Barry will stay" comments after PLG has gone.

The fall-out and PLG leaving - 2 mutually exclusive incidents ? I don't think so (I am a conspiracist at heart....)

I'm not in the anti BF camp, I want him to stay, just being realistic though. I don't think we would get much more.

I'm not in the anti BF camp, I want him to stay, just being realistic though. I don't think we would get much more.

Sorry man, I think you and I were posting at the same time - I was aiming my post at Gav and Steve