I don't personally think he's as bad you make out, SC.

His output as a hack is sensationalism at its worst and in the context of what it has contributed to the Scottish game, it is extremely divisive and deplorable.

Hacks like Shug are very much responsible for the anger and bitterness amongst today's younger fans. That anger and bitterness has yet to bring its destructive force to bear on our game but mark my words, it's only biding it's time.

The level of "sports journalism" in this country is abysmal and hacks such as Shug have almost certainly contributed to a near total loss of understanding and appreciation of the game of football.

That truth hurts, but they are systematically destroying the game they rely on for their bread and butter.

That so many throughout Scotland look towards our media for news, opinion and direction, and that it is severely lacking is a very sad state of affairs indeed.

But no, using a Celtic banner to cover Shug's shortcomings lets him off extremely lightly.

The offences that he and his ilk are responsible for are far, far greater.

This is exactly the point - while he is correct in what he's saying, given he's made a living by stoking the delusions of the very people who would rather go to a game than see their families shod it's a bit rich. His end of career Damascene conversion to 'I hate the Old Firm' is a bit ripe, frankly.