Webster Ungoing Medical Now

I think he'd be a good signing. I know I was disappointed we couldn't work out a deal for him last year (or was it two years ago?) and I think he's definitely better than the defenders we currently have, not to mention the fact that he really wants to play for us.

What do people think, play him with Svensson, or will the new team be looking to offload some players and bring in a more experienced guy at the back?

Guest The_Rock

I would prefer a more experienced guy at the back to be braught in to play beside him , but out of our current sqaud , I'd partner him with Hemdani .

I like Webster but I really think he and Svensson need an experienced defender alongside them to find their best form.

It's a shame we missed the boat on Pressley as he and Webster already have had a pretty solid partnership.

I put that down to PLG not fancying him and I wouldn't be surprised if Elvis stalled everything to wait and see if Rangers would put in an offer for him.

Rangers TV are filming some stuff with him atm

Big money movie deal is it? :P

Good to hear we've signed at least one defender.

But like others have said, we still need an experienced defender in there, otherwise we'll have a very young, relativly inexperienced back 4, if its Hutton, Svensson, Webster and Smith.

This is a step in the right direction, but an older head might be required to play alongside him. At least the guy has SPL experience.

I'm guessing its with a view to a permanent move at a fee which will be nowhere near the 800K or so Hearts knocked back. I still think that was a strange decision by them in this day and age of player power.

There's a lot of that happening in Scotland, Riordan is another example. Then people complain when the OF spend what money they do have abroad...

The other Scottish clubs need to look themselves in the mirror when they wonder about their finances.