Webster Ungoing Medical Now

It'll be interesting to see if we're still in for Brown and/or Thomson and what sort of figures are actually being talked about.

I'm not sure why fans are moaning so much about us trying to buy the best players from other sides, is this not what used to happen since the start of Scottish footy until we went mad on foreign imports for a while? People are talking like its a new thing where the OF almost cherry-pick the best players from other Scottish clubs. Its always happened surely?

This is a step in the right direction, but an older head might be required to play alongside him. At least the guy has SPL experience.

I'm guessing its with a view to a permanent move at a fee which will be nowhere near the 800K or so Hearts knocked back. I still think that was a strange decision by them in this day and age of player power.

I read on sky sports or sporting life (cant remember which) that Hearts wanted �£5m for him..... i would have been surprised, but its Hearts, nothing surprises me about them these days.

That's what I keep saying and sometimes you wonder why a youth academy is such a big deal when it costs a few million to run when you can pick up the best three Scottish youngsters every year for about half that...

I'm not sure why fans are moaning so much about us trying to buy the best players from other sides, is this not what used to happen since the start of Scottish footy until we went mad on foreign imports for a while? People are talking like its a new thing where the OF almost cherry-pick the best players from other Scottish clubs. Its always happened surely?

I am not annoyed that we cherry-pick the other Scottish clubs - what does annoy me is that our scouting, talent-enhancing department should be far stronger than Hibs, Killie and all the other teams that bring youngsters through - yet it doesn't seem to be.

This is costing us millions of pounds by not unearthing these guys - and yes I know we have a few in our team at present who came through the ranks but if we are looking at buying these players then someone feels they improve the squad/team.

Ive always said id take Webster but id still like a more experienced defender to play with him. Although it could be a long term partnership with Svensson.

I wonder if we could get Dave Weir in from Everton on the cheap to settle Webster.