Why can't a rich Rangers man King/Park/Mccoll/whoever buy all the shares, then sell the shares to us? Sorry if that's a bit simplistic, I know nothing about this level of finance.

It's not simplisitc at all; essentially that's what McColl was going to do in 2010.

However, I'm told he has no interest in such schemes any more.

(Copied over from other thread)

On the face of it that would cost him circa £20-30 million all of which would go into the hands of the existing investors IF they were willing to sell; which would go against everything he has said to date.

Dare I say it; but if he gained a controlling interest he would also have to overcome the "fit and proper" issue".

Any ideas about his strategy?

The only quick way to make money out of us is to asset strip as we see from all the vultures of recent years.

To really make a profit out of things, it would be a real 5-10 years + type plan. People will look at Scottish football at rock bottom then us with no infrastructure in place whatsoever and won't be interested. It is possible to make money in this league though, as Celtic are demonstrating and most years they turn a decent profit in terms of transfer expenditure. I don't think they are doing anything overly impressive either. They haven't signed many particularly decent players, but they have signed much better than we have.

If any 'bears' with real money wanted to buy us they would have long ago when they could have picked us up for a few million. It seems King is pretty much our only hope.

The amount of folk saying they wouldn't mind having SDM back make me want to scream.

Why can't a rich Rangers man King/Park/Mccoll/whoever buy all the shares, then sell the shares to us? Sorry if that's a bit simplistic, I know nothing about this level of finance.

Many of us are fervently hoping that's what King now has in mind.

That would still leave the minor issue of recapitalising the Club of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk