I thought our whole back four looked good, Charlie Telfer was our best midfield player, and Burrows looks like a great prospect big, strong and direct,however Halket was the best player on the pitch by a country mile.

Well done Rangers

I lost the stream repeatedly near the end and in the penalty shootout, but what a nightmare tonight for the Hearts keeper. Three gaffes and two of them led to Rangers goals - and then he missed the decisive kick at the death to give victory to Rangers.

Well done, Liam Kelly in the Rangers goal. He did brilliantly in the shootout and seems to be quite a character too.

It actually got to the stage where an advert was appearing at the start of each YouTube restart. I wonder if this kicks in automatically when a video or live transmission proves to be popular?

Hearts will be extremely disappointed that they didn't win this. Credit to Rangers for never giving in but Hearts blew a lead twice in normal time and looked the more accomplished side.

It's a trophy for us, which is always welcome, but we shouldn't go overboard about future prospects. We still have a lot of work to do at this level.

Edited by Hildy

I thought we looked stronger and fitter as the game went on - maybe Auchenhowie working? Hearts looked like they were hanging on for penalties after the second goal went in.

Don't be silly mate, that place only ruins players!

Liam Kelly is a fantastic prospect, full of character and talented, deffo one for the future.

Four penalty saves, and you could hear him goading the Hearts player, ' come on then! come on then!',class

Liam Kelly is a fantastic prospect, full of character and talented, deffo one for the future.

Four penalty saves, and you could hear him goading the Hearts player, ' come on then! come on then!',class

Aye, he's definitely a good keeper and total character, although is it just me or does he not seem short in height for a keeper?

mckay is playing well here.

When he broke away towards the end there and looked like he might have a chance to go alone, his pass to the running Jamie Burrows in the box was inch perfect.