How does the scoring predictions work in the knock out stages? Does extra time count?

Say I go for 2-1 and its 1-1 after 90 mins but 2-1 aet.....what is the correct score?

Was wondering this myself.

Knock out rounds

The system uses the result at the end of extra times for games in the knock out stages. This means that for the purposes of this game, the result of knock out games can be a draw.

Went for 2-1 to the Portuguese, but it could go either way.

That's what I had put in myself for that game, but changed it yesterday at the last minute. Losing a lot of points by changing my original predictions and trying to chase bonus points etc. Doh! :facepalm:

How does the scoring predictions work in the knock out stages? Does extra time count?

Say I go for 2-1 and its 1-1 after 90 mins but 2-1 aet.....what is the correct score?

Rangersitis quoted the relevant part of the rules for you in post #281 mate, but if you want to double-check for yourself, then you'll find the rules here - http://www.predicttheworldcup.com/site/help

That's what I had put in myself for that game, but changed it yesterday at the last minute. Losing a lot of points by changing my original predictions and trying to chase bonus points etc. Doh! :facepalm:

A litany of spent betting slips has cured me of that particular habit! :D

There were a fair number of big point scorers again yesterday.

In the USA 0 - 1 Germany game TheTinMan99 grabbed 5 points for the correct score (including a 2 point bonus), so well done to you for that one TinMan. Most of the rest of us got a point for that game while 4 folk got zero points (including the league leader Rangersitis!)

Portugal 2 - 1 Ghana saw Bluebear54, Little General, Rangersitis & Super Cooper all bag 3 points for the correct score, while a large chunk of the rest just got a single point again for the Portugal win with 5 people getting zero for predicting a draw.

In the South Korea 0 - 1 Belgium game Juan was the only one to grab 3 points for the correct score (well done sir!), while everyone else bar two of you got another single point for the Belgium win.

Finally, in the Algeria 1 - 1 Russia game a remarkable 8 of you got 3 points for predicting the correct score, so very well done to you all for that! Juan grabbed a point for his 0-0 draw prediction and the rest of us got zilch.

So, Rangersitis is leading the standings at the top with 51 points, which is 7 points clear of rbr in 2nd place and 8 points clear of Bluebear54 in 3rd place.

Still a long way to go though folks, so don't forget to enter your predictions for the first round of knockout games!

I was pretty close to getting my Brazil 1-2 Chile prediction at the end of extra time there when the Chile player cracked it off the crossbar! :D

Have to say, I don't really like seeing Brazil win the match the way they did there. Their 5th penalty from Neymar is the type of thing I think they should stamp out of the game. What Neymar did in his run up is a dirty way of taking a penalty and isn't fair on the keeper. I didn't see all of the penalties though, so don't know if any other players stuttered their runs.

I don't see any problem with Neymar's pen, often a stuttered run up doesn't work. Was it Nadal in Euro 96 who did similar and scuffed it?

Random bit of trivia - Mauricio Pinilla who hit the bar at the end and then missed a pen used to play for Hearts.

PS - I went with 1-1 in my other prediction league, but 2-1 in this one. I'm top of the other one I'm doing and probably going to finish bottom of this 1 :lover: .