Ready To Listen - Focus Group Update ... from our HP

Ready To Listen - Focus Group Update

RANGERS continued their Ready to Listen fan engagement initiative this month with a series of focus groups made up of a cross-section of supporters at Ibrox Stadium.

Four, 90 minute sessions – involving 8-10 fans at a time - took place in the Blue Room on the 10th and 11th of June and discussions were frank, constructive and encouraging on a variety of topics.

Fans in attendance once again outlined the passion, commitment and intensity that goes hand in hand with supporting this great Club and they highlighted a number of areas for improvement and how fans themselves can play a significant role in this.

Discussions centred on enhancing fan engagement with specific focus on the creation of a Fan Board – which was identified in the Ready to Listen phase 1 and 2 surveys earlier this year.

Improved communication with the wider fanbase was viewed as critical given events of the past few seasons and they are seeking communication that is frequent, honest, open and clear on subjects direct from the club rather than via external media outlets.

A number of ideas were put forward by fans – including regular emails and video messages direct to supporters – and this feedback will be taken on board.

Supporters also provided great insight into their ideas and input regarding the formation of a new official Fan Board and their comments and feedback will be developed further over the coming weeks.

Further details and announcements on Ready to Listen fan engagement and the Fan Board in particular will be issued in the coming weeks.

RFC

You will obviously see remarks about who these supporters were, but on face value, the club moves into the right direction ... slowly again ... when it comes to fan communication. We'll have to wait and see if the UoF et al were present too.

Plastic Engagement Broadly Designed by Spin-Doctors for Sp.ivs to give Perception of Communication but actually Better Control Dialogue and Marginalise the 'Awkward Questioning' of the Support.

but actually Better Control Dialogue and Marginalise the 'Awkward Questioning' of the Support.

I think that's the danger. The club should set it up, endorse it and then step aside to a large extent, but I can't see that happening. It seems partly to be a money making scheme.

I think that's the danger. The club should set it up, endorse it and then step aside to a large extent, but I can't see that happening. It seems partly to be a money making scheme.

I'd forgotten the direct money making potential.

However I see creating the perception of communication and engagement, broadly controlling 'conversations' and marginilisation of what they will call 'radicals groups' as being an important step into neutralising 'opposition' / keep money flowing in.

I think they'd be prepared to take a hit of X,000 giving up attending games. They will have a break-even number in mind so as to try and keep the show on the road and the ongoing payment of 'onerous contracts and similar.

Whether the whole shooting match is viable and sellable at this point is another matter.