Daly out for 6 weeks and Ally has this to say:

"It's a real shame," manager Ally McCoist told the club website. (external) "Big Jon was fantastic for us last year."

Rangers have recruited experienced forwards Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller this summer, while Nicky Clark and Dean Shiels are other attacking options for McCoist.

Daly had a series of problems with his right knee during his six-and-a-half years with Dundee United but was able to make 38 appearances in his debut season for the Ibrox side.

"Towards the end of the season, we would have given him a little rest if we could have but personnel indicated we couldn't," explained McCoist.

"With Andy Little injured, he was our only striker at points and to be fair to him, he kept turning up and playing for us.

"He was playing through a little bit of pain then had a good rest in the close season but there is still a little niggle there.

"We sent Jon for a scan and that showed he has a problem with his cartilage so he has gone back to the same surgeon who did his other knee.

"It looks as though he will be out for six weeks and it's a blow for the team. It's obviously blow for him too but the bottom line is he has to get it sorted as quickly as possible."

That's right, he'd rather play a crocked veteran offering nothing than one of the younger guys in meaningless games.

Calling him fantastic too

What a load of piffle.

Andy Little was injured, but Ally could easily have played Jig up front and given Daly a rest to let him get his injury taken care of.

It's not as if he didn't have actual centre backs queuing up to get a game alongside Mohsni in the position Jig was occupying.

What a load of piffle.

Andy Little was injured, but Ally could easily have played Jig up front and given Daly a rest to let him get his injury taken care of.

It's not as if he didn't have actual centre backs queuing up to get a game alongside Mohsni in the position Jig was occupying.

I didn't want us playing McCulloch either. Gallagher and Clark could easily have played up front or someone from the u20's like Stoney. Irrespective of injuries all the younger players should have got a shot. It's a ridiculous situation and Ally is ruining his legacy for me. I just want him to leave.

He has lost the plot and has been spouting nonsense in the press for as far back as I can remember.

The fact we had a proven (at that level) goalscorer fit and raring to go for the last two months of the season (Clark) makes the above statement ridiculous. As the league was won by Xmas (August if you are being realistic) there was absolutely no need to play an injured player in any position in any game.

Can we not have the world cup continue for another 3 months so the new season doesn't start so soon please?

I didn't want us playing McCulloch either. Gallagher and Clark could easily have played up front or someone from the u20's like Stoney. Irrespective of injuries all the younger players should have got a shot. It's a ridiculous situation and Ally is ruining his legacy for me. I just want him to leave.

He has lost the plot and has been spouting nonsense in the press for as far back as I can remember.

I would rather younger lads had been given a chance towards the end of the season myself too, but the reason I mentioned that Ally could have played Jig up front in Daly's place is that it would have been an almost like-for-like swap, so it was an ideal option for Ally. The fact that he had that option also shows that he's clearly talking nonsense when he said with Andy Little injured, Daly was our only striker at points because Jig played every game and could have been replaced by a proper defender if he'd been moved up front.

"Towards the end of the season, we would have given him a little rest if we could have but personnel indicated we couldn't," explained McCoist.

Embarrassing invented excuse to cover his own bad management of players. :rolleyes:

Mostly relatively meaningless games played against plumbers and postmen.

I mean it's not as if Daly was adding anything, he was running himself into the ground with no end product.

Mr. I'd like to do it the 'Sporting Lisbon/Ajax way' but the truth is that I have a thing about injury prone 30 year olds, is taking us no-where.

Rangers,.........the definition of an Omnishambles..........boradroom, dressing room, treatment room.........the multi-layered gravytrain that needs your money.

Embarrassing invented excuse to cover his own bad management of players. :rolleyes:

Mostly relatively meaningless games played against plumbers and postmen.

I mean it's not as if Daly was adding anything, he was running himself into the ground with no end product.

Mr. I'd like to do it the 'Sporting Lisbon/Ajax way' but the truth is that I have a thing about injury prone 30 year olds, is taking us no-where.

Rangers,.........the definition of an Omnishambles..........boradroom, dressing room, treatment room.........the multi-layered gravytrain that needs your money.

That's what Rangers is - an omnishambles.

It does not deserve to be supported for what it is. It only attracts support for what it was.

Every time Ally McCoist opens his mouth these days he disappoints thousands of Rangers fans, and that's putting it mildly. He infuriates people with garbage like this.