Fitness Concerns for Blues

When did we become the 'Blues' ?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7350-fitness-concerns-for-blues

RANGERS have a number of injury worries to contend with ahead of their first competitive game of the season on Tuesday against Hibernian.

The Easter Road side will visit Ibrox in the first round of the Petrofac Training Cup with Ally McCoist unsure at this stage of exactly who he’ll have available to face them.

Sebastien Faure (knee), Nicky Clark (toe) and Richard Foster (hamstring) all missed yesterday’s 2-0 friendly defeat at Derby County with short-term problems.

Further knocks were sustained in the East Midlands as Lee Wallace hurt his calf and Cammy Bell banged his knee when Chris Martin’s opener was scored.

Bilel Mohsni collided with the former Kilmarnock goalkeeper in the lead-up to Martin’s strike and needed treatment as well.

As it is, he could be suspended in any case following his red card for violent conduct and the club is awaiting contact from the SFA on that.

In addition, captain Lee McCulloch was feeling sore at full-time having taken a bang during the match.

But it is expected he will be fit to feature and given Bell completed the 90 minutes, he should fall into that category too.

Gers are training at Murray Park this morning and the fitness of the others will be assessed as preparations for the season opener with the Hibees intensify.

Manager McCoist said: “We’ve got one or two bumps and bruises from Derby but I’d hope we’ll get some people back for Tuesday.

“The captain took a couple of knocks and Lee Wallace is feeling his calf a little bit while Kenny (Miller) ran himself into the ground again.

“We’ll monitor the boys and have a look at them at Murray Park in the days leading up to the game.

“We will also have a look at Fozzy, Sebastien and Nicky to see where we are with them too and I’d be very hopeful we’ll have a good squad to choose from.

“It might not be a full one but it will certainly be a big and good enough one we feel to take part in Tuesday’s match.”

i hope thats not the excuses bein lined if things don't go our way on tuesday night,

i think our defense will let us down big time on tuesday night, we've shipped goals all over the place during this pre season and that doesn't fill me with any confidence.

i hope thats not the excuses bein lined if things don't go our way on tuesday night,

i think our defense will let us down big time on tuesday night, we've shipped goals all over the place during this pre season and that doesn't fill me with any confidence.

And there's a total lack of creativity in MF

How did templeton look yesterday?

By the time he came on the game was over.

I can't really explain the game, we had no movement, no pace our first touch compared with Derby was night and day. The Derby keeper only had one save to make, we had one shot (McGregor)in the whole game.

We've brought in two centre backs this summer, one played at right back the other on the bench, so the very poor defence from last season is still in place.

I am not looking forward to this season.

By the time he came on the game was over.

I can't really explain the game, we had no movement, no pace our first touch compared with Derby was night and day. The Derby keeper only had one save to make, we had one shot (McGregor)in the whole game.

We've brought in two centre backs this summer, one played at right back the other on the bench, so the very poor defence from last season is still in place.

I am not looking forward to this season.

what about his fitness though , he seems to have been permanently injure since he joined.

the lack of creativity really makes every 90 mins an endurance test.

what about his fitness though , he seems to have been permanently injure since he joined.

the lack of creativity really makes every 90 mins an endurance test.

He will need time on the park and with the size of the squad there are many who will miss out.

How very dare you! It's all going to be fine come tuesday. Ally says today he "hopes" we are ready come the kick off. As the experienced manager in the head to head one "hopes" he has it all under control..