Yes with regards to Whyte I got it absolutley wrong - a fact I am conscious of even to this day - the part I have difficulty with is that I was "shouting down" others on messageboards who disagreed. I think those who know me are well aware that kind of conduct is not my style.

My style has always been to do my level best to defend the club & support - I dont really think this article which asks those inside the club to do so - is any great deviation from the norm.

Apologies, 'shouting down' doesn't describe your style. I was attempting, obviously not very successfully, to portray the dismissive way that any findings which didn't suit were treated.

I don't understand why some of you guys always seem so intent on attacking D'Art for past articles and posts of his.

There were vast numbers of Bears who got it wrong about Craig Whyte and there were vast numbers who got it wrong about Green & co.

At least D'Art didn't get it wrong about both and freely admits to things he did get wrong.

If only more Bears were like him and debated these subjects respectfully we might have more understanding of each other and slightly less division.

I don't understand why some of you guys always seem so intent on attacking D'Art for past articles and posts of his.

There were vast numbers of Bears who got it wrong about Craig Whyte and there were vast numbers who got it wrong about Green & co.

At least D'Art didn't get it wrong about both and freely admits to things he did get wrong.

If only more Bears were like him and debated these subjects respectfully we might have more understanding of each other and slightly less division.

None of us really know the people who pop up to take charge of the club. For some, there is immediate respect towards any new owner simply because he has taken the trouble to buy the club. He is trusted and defended immediately.

For others, there is suspicion that dubious motives are the driving factor in any purchase of Rangers. For them, a new owner has to earn trust and respect, and this is both healthy and realistic.

If Dave King buys Rangers, we at least know him a little and we also know that he is a Rangers fan. I'm not sure that he would run the club as I would want it run, but it would surely be in safer hands with him on board.

How would he secure it for the future, though? Another sale in ten or twenty years could have us revisiting this crisis.

I hope he understands that Rangers can no longer float on the open market. I hope that any King tenure is a repair and recovery job followed by the sale/transfer of the club to the support, possibly over a period of up to five years. This would stabilise Rangers and immortalise King.

Will it happen? If King had bought Rangers ten years ago - no. Now, though, there's the faintest hope that he just might, but I'm certainly not banking on it. He might not even buy the club at all. We'll find out in due course.

For some, there is immediate respect towards any new owner simply because he has taken the trouble to buy the club. He is trusted and defended immediately.

Especially if like Green did, it's someone who comes in with an attitude, a barrow load of patter, plenty of moonbeams and most importantly, manages to make the fans believe that he'll fight the Club's enemies and not take any shit.

The reality with Green though is that he was only ever playing to the gallery and instead of being someone who won't take in any shit, he was just someone who was full of it. A salesman with massive empty pockets, but great big Yorkshire hands to scoop up cash and fill them to the brim and more.

couldn't agree more. I disagree with D'art on just about everything I'd imagine, but although he is invariably wrong ( ;) )he is wrong in a respectful and well argued manner. If more of us adopted this approach (and I include myself in that) we'd be better off as a support