And pray tell....when and where did this happen ?

Cos I'll tell you emphatically now - you are lying.

When Whyte was being shown up for the crook that he was, when MCR were being shown to be up to their necks in it from before the start, and when Green was riding into town to 'save' a shell-shocked, divided support.

Were you looking for the truth, or were you too busy fighting all those perceived as enemies, including the ones within the Rangers support?

When Whyte was being shown up for the crook that he was, when MCR were being shown to be up to their necks in it from before the start, and when Green was riding into town to 'save' a shell-shocked, divided support.

Were you looking for the truth, or were you too busy fighting all those perceived as enemies, including the ones within the Rangers support?

You tell me - you seem to have your own version of events.

But tell you what go back and check my blogs - you will find I was speaking out against Green whilst others were lauding him.

Another good piece of writing, D! However, as things stand, I actually think fan groups (any of them) have more credibility to fight our corner. When we get ourselves sorted then the club's ability to fight will be more credible.

Id take it a stage further SB - I believe we would have more credibility to run the club - and I dont say that as a soundbite - I genuinely believe that.

I really wish we would take charge of our own destiny and stop waiting for others to do so only to be disappointed. I see now that "Scattergun Charlie" has thrown his tuppence worth in - if he gets anywhere near our boardroom - thats it for me.

You tell me - you seem to have your own version of events.

But tell you what go back and check my blogs - you will find I was speaking out against Green whilst others were lauding him.

I know that you didn't support Green, but he was allowed to come in with his Vaudeville act precisely because administration had given the support such a hammering that they were susceptible to his charms. It may not have been allowed to get to that point had there not been groups and individuals who wanted to suppress the horrible truthfor their own campaigns.

Did you back Whyte, and did you use your own standing within the support to try to influence them that everything coming out of the BBC, Clyde, the print media and the various Celtic-related websites about him was nothing but Anti-rangers lies, even when Rangers supporters were finding corroboration?

I used to enjoy your stuff, indeed it was only this week that I read your stunningly good 'Hands Across The Water' piece. Get back to writing like that.

I agree with the OP to the extent that the current Board of non Rangers fans (which must surely be unprecedented in the history of our great Club) do not appear to see themselves as knights in shining blazers and ties, especially in the wake of all that has happened these past two years. They see their job as putting the Club back on a firm financial footing en route the SPL & Europe. Whether or not they are doing that job well, is not at issue in this thread. Therefore they employ others to fulfil that function. However if memory serves me, from attending one AGM after another, the RST in particular were extremely vocal in their criticism of the Murray don't by the Herald etc doctrine, so why are the current Board wrong to adopt that approach?

Whilst some laud the UoF/SoS for successfully contributing to a vast decline in ST sales; others, like me, see this is as counter-productive ; because, whilst it puts the Board in difficulty, at the same time it puts the CLUB in financial distresss once again. Furthermore it seems more likely that GreenCo and/or others as yet unknown, will ride to the rescue than the great King of South Africa.

The biggest problem however for those of us who believe in real positive fan influence (I would categorise the UoF/SoS as negative influence) is that both the RST and the RF schemes seem to have stalled in a sea of apathy.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Re-read the OP!

Id take it a stage further SB - I believe we would have more credibility to run the club - and I dont say that as a soundbite - I genuinely believe that.

I really wish we would take charge of our own destiny and stop waiting for others to do so only to be disappointed. I see now that "Scattergun Charlie" has thrown his tuppence worth in - if he gets anywhere near our boardroom - thats it for me.

Yeah - we've many competent fans, two on this forum, capable of running the club. I don't believe Green's got any intentions of coming in - all about driving the share price.

I know that you didn't support Green, but he was allowed to come in with his Vaudeville act precisely because administration had given the support such a hammering that they were susceptible to his charms. It may not have been allowed to get to that point had there not been groups and individuals who wanted to suppress the horrible truthfor their own campaigns.

Did you back Whyte, and did you use your own standing within the support to try to influence them that everything coming out of the BBC, Clyde, the print media and the various Celtic-related websites about him was nothing but Anti-rangers lies, even when Rangers supporters were finding corroboration?

I used to enjoy your stuff, indeed it was only this week that I read your stunningly good 'Hands Across The Water' piece. Get back to writing like that.

Yes with regards to Whyte I got it absolutley wrong - a fact I am conscious of even to this day - the part I have difficulty with is that I was "shouting down" others on messageboards who disagreed. I think those who know me are well aware that kind of conduct is not my style.

My style has always been to do my level best to defend the club & support - I dont really think this article which asks those inside the club to do so - is any great deviation from the norm.