That is unbelievable. I read a post of yours the other day saying you would know how to turn the club around if you had the money to buy it. I hope to fuck that you get yourself a man in to deal with transfers! :laugh:

I was merely passing on what was said. If he is indeed Lawwell's puppet, he needs more training.

Unbelievable but true. I would, undoubtedly.

There was no need as it was irrelevant. Of course he does.

Unbelievable but true. I would, undoubtedly.

There was no need as it was irrelevant. Of course he does.

What's true? Southampton, Spartak Moscow and Swansea splashed out millions of pounds based on the advice of The Daily Record's back page? Have a word with yourself.

Following on from original topic. The news in the papers this morning about the Scepovic deal collapsing, whilst as a Bear I find it amusing, in reality it's no laughing matter. It doesn't bode well for the future of Scottish football as a whole that (and let's be honest) an average £2-3m rated striker would rather go and ply their trade at Getafe than come and play for Celtic in Europe without the CL. It used to be seen as a big opportunity for a player to come to one of the old firm and make a name for themselves, play regularly in Europe etc. I wonder where we will be in a couple years time when we are hopefully in a position to try and sign better quality, what exactly will be able to attract to the SPFL? That is of course presuming they even lodged a bid for him and not just Peter attempting to silence the hordes.

Honestly has me worried, has the prestige of our league and the old firm really fallen that low that Getafe are seen as a better opportunity?

Following on from original topic. The news in the papers this morning about the Scepovic deal collapsing, whilst as a Bear I find it amusing, in reality it's no laughing matter. It doesn't bode well for the future of Scottish football as a whole that (and let's be honest) an average £2-3m rated striker would rather go and ply their trade at Getafe than come and play for Celtic in Europe without the CL. It used to be seen as a big opportunity for a player to come to one of the old firm and make a name for themselves, play regularly in Europe etc. I wonder where we will be in a couple years time when we are hopefully in a position to try and sign better quality, what exactly will be able to attract to the SPFL? That is of course presuming they even lodged a bid for him and not just Peter attempting to silence the hordes.

Honestly has me worried, has the prestige of our league and the old firm really fallen that low that Getafe are seen as a better opportunity?

That was always going to be the situation as soon as the SPL teams voted us out. It may improve slightly when we get back to the top division and are competing for the league. We may be seen as a good stepping stone for the premiership but that's all that Scottish football has going for it unless there's the odd CL season.