Walters unveiling and McIntyre

A friend of mine (a poster from this board) rang me today to see if I fancied going down to Ibrox to se WS being unveiled. Being a lazy student, with no classes today I agreed. Despite warning my mate that I didn't beleive he would be at Ibrox. (Needed to pick up a top from the Club shop anyway so didn't mind).

Anyway we waited outside in the relative cold for a good hour, from about 14.50. An old boy in a club tie/blazer regulalry came out to chat to the fans and let them know what was going on. We were stood too far awya to know what was going on, but if the people being spoken to where hanging about then we assumed it woldn't be long. Anyway asked a fellow fan and he confirmed WS would be on his way after Murray Park's media scrum.

After aproximately an hour, Lawrence McIntyre (at least I think it was him) came out to give us the news that all business was to be completed at Murray Park. I was a bit miffed by this, but the McIntrye asked if we'd all been on the tour before inivting us all into the stadium to go out through the tunnel.

Well I've never been on the tour so getting to go in through the front door, seeing the inside of Ibrox, going out through the tunnel, sitting on the home bench and having my picture taken where the media do post match interviews.... loved it.

just wanted to say that maybe LM isn't as bad as all make out. You can only go on your own experiences and from mine he was a decent bloke. Had a wee joke on the pitch that we couldn't tell anyone or we'd ruin his reputation. Far play to the guy. He has a sense of humour too.

Also one fan asked him if it was true the Hapoel tel-aviv game would be played in Cyprus to which LM confirmed probably after he "kicked up hell at the meeting on monday". (Not a direct quote but words to that effect). Good on him again, actuallly protecting the Rangers fans for once, despite previous form of which I do not know about.

wow! nice story! you must be really grateful your mate's optimism was rewarded :D lol

Aye very good mate. :thup:

Anyway on FF there's a few adamant I am Lawrence Mcintyre for posting the same post as here and infroming them of the wee snippet heard regards moving the Hapoel game to Cyprus. About 4 threads have sprung up about it now. :D

Some fans don't appreciate getting info they otherwise wouldn't have had. I gave them a source, a pretty damn good one (a club official) and still many don't beleive me. :confused: It's not liek i've ever posted rumour on there before.

Anyway on FF there's a few adamant I am Lawrence Mcintyre for posting the same post as here and infroming them of the wee snippet heard regards moving the Hapoel game to Cyprus. About 4 threads have sprung up about it now. :D

Some fans don't appreciate getting info they otherwise wouldn't have had. I gave them a source, a pretty damn good one (a club official) and still many don't beleive me. :confused: It's not liek i've ever posted rumour on there before.

Are you Lawrence McIntyre ? ;) couldnt help it !

I know how it feels mate, I would steer clear the majority who post sound about 8

Nice one mate.

I remember i posted on the BBC site that i sat next to Arthur Numan and his wife on an Easy jet flight to Glasgow\Amsterdam with Konterman and his wife in the seat in front and i took dogs abuse for it. It was honestly true. I did say to Numan i thought you would be first class KLM and his answer was why should i pay 2000 euros instead of 200.

One good thing came of it i went on the huff and googled and came up with the Gersnet.:thup:

Sorry mistake it was Guilders in those days.