Why is there so much hatred towards SOS, UOF etc?

Forgive this sarcastic response but it's not that far from the reality:

The Rangers support is an army of privates. It responds to and admires leadership from the officer class - business types.

When an ordinary fan tries to speak on behalf of others, he is perceived to have ideas above his station. What gives him the right? Who does he think he is? He doesn't speak for me etc.

A Rangers fan should know his place.

Leave the important matters to the board of directors - they are so much wiser than us. They know what they are doing. We don't.

Hugely irrational hatred. A huge chunk of our support still hate them despite everything they have been saying coming to fruition.

What is this hatred based on? I'm not trying to instigate anything here (not that this is the place such a thing would happen), I just do not understand it.

Partly personality clashes I guess, but mostly it's because some fans can't differentiate between criticism of those who run the Club and criticism of the Club itself.

Hugely irrational hatred. A huge chunk of our support still hate them despite everything they have been saying coming to fruition.

What is this hatred based on? I'm not trying to instigate anything here (not that this is the place such a thing would happen), I just do not understand it.

Jealousy.....

Partly personality clashes I guess, but mostly it's because some fans can't differentiate between criticism of those who run the Club and criticism of the Club itself.

Plenty fans were happy to round on club legend Ally McCoist after he got turfed out of Europe twice at the start of his reign (I was among them).

However, plenty of the same crowd seem happy to give chance after chance to a group of cons who continue to steal from us. They have never done anything for us.

My simple point is if people can see the truth about McCoist (the idol of my generation), why is so much false understanding afforded to these leeches? At least McCoist did a huge amount for us in a former life (and I'm as anti-McCoist as you can get)

Essentially what we have is this warped, misguided internet sheep herding philosophy where a certain school of thought is lumped into some sort of moronic Sos/UOF/RST/Rebels amalgamation.

Forgive this sarcastic response but it's not that far from the reality:

The Rangers support is an army of privates. It responds to and admires leadership from the officer class - business types.

When an ordinary fan tries to speak on behalf of others, he is perceived to have ideas above his station. What gives him the right? Who does he think he is? He doesn't speak for me etc.

A Rangers fan should know his place.

Leave the important matters to the board of directors - they are so much wiser than us. They know what they are doing. We don't.

I agree to an extent, but it's unclear what sort of percentage of fans you're talking about here and while that figure is hard to gauge, it's still extremely important.

You only have to look at the number of season tickets which haven't been renewed to see that there's a breakout of dissent amongst the rank and file fans.

Plenty fans were happy to round on club legend Ally McCoist after he got turfed out of Europe twice at the start of his reign (I was among them).

However, plenty of the same crowd seem happy to give chance after chance to a group of cons who continue to steal from us. They have never done anything for us.

My simple point is if people can see the truth about McCoist (the idol of my generation), why is so much false understanding afforded to these leeches? At least McCoist did a huge amount for us in a former life (and I'm as anti-McCoist as you can get)

As the saying goes, "there are none so blind that will not see".

Essentially what we have is this warped, misguided internet sheep herding philosophy where a certain school of thought is lumped into some sort of moronic Sos/UOF/RST/Rebels amalgamation.

You remember David Murray?

He was a Rangers deity to the massed ranks of blue and white. As someone once said in a radio phone-in, David Murray IS Rangers. Mr Murray, for quite some time, held the Rangers support in the palm of his hand. He was Lord and Master of all he surveyed at Rangers, and the Rangers support couldn't get enough of him.

We love leaders, but we bow down to them all too easily and see it as disloyalty when they are criticised. When previously worshipped leaders are found to be mortal after all, it is those who did the criticising that get despised. Once we put someone on a pedestal, we don't want him knocked off, even if he deserves to be.

For some, loyalty is the defining Rangers characteristic, but when it turns to adoration and devotion, it becomes unhealthy and disturbing. For unscrupulous business types chasing a fast buck, the Rangers support is almost perfect. Win them over, and the opportunity to fleece the club is huge. They will defend the uninvited officer class as though they weren't just their elders and betters, but their kith and kin too.

Never shout down the officer class. At Rangers, even when they are wrong, they are still widely perceived to be right.