Buffel wants Elmander

Rangers star Thomas Buffel would relish the opportunity to join forces with former team-mate Johan Elmander again.

The Swedish World Cup striker, who played with Buffel at Feyenoord, has been linked with a move to Ibrox.

And Buffel told the Mail on Sunday: "Johan is very fast, quite powerful and a big lad who can be dangerous.

"Of course, everyone has to prove themselves in another team and another competition, but I think he has the ability to play for Rangers."

Elmander, 26, has scored seven goals for Sweden in 19 appearances and made his World Cup debut as a substitute against Paraguay on Thursday.

He is currently with Danish side Brondby but Buffel has good memories of the forward from his time in Dutch football.

"I remember that, when I trained with him at Feyenoord, we were quite a good couple," he added.

"I played a little behind him mostly and we actually had a good partnership.

"You can always use a player with pace and an eye for goal."

Id almost forgotten about Buffel. Im glad PLG is on board with him as I think Buffel could be our most important player next year. I think PLG will use him in his best position and it will pay off.

McLeish wasted him on the wings and didnt give him support through the middle.

Roll on the new season.

Well you wrote 'dont they'.... like you were asking a question, no question mark there though, ill give you that..... smartarse. :rolleyes::D

Thank you, cos I think without the question mark it makes it a statement ;)

Less of your smartarse comments whippersnapper :D